Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

mapping at night

brookst9358

Reaction score
I'm having an issue when using the mission function. When using the mission function for mapping during the day all the photos come out clear and can be stitched together fine. When I attempt to use the mapping feature at night on a well-lit road or parking lot the pictures come out blurry and are unusable. I need to know if there is a hover and shoot feature or if there are any suggestions on what I can do to get it to take better photos at night.

I'm having an issue when using the mission function. When using the mission function for mapping during the day all the photos come out clear and can be stitched together fine. When I attempt to use the mapping feature at night on a well-lit road or parking lot the pictures come out blurry and are unusable. I need to know if there is a hover and shoot feature or if there are any suggestions on what I can do to get it to take better photos at night.
There is no stop-and-shoot mission function. No camera on any drone can take still photos at night while in motion. Shooting stills in motion requires very high/fast shutter speed. This is fine during the day because there is plenty of light, which also requires a high/fast shutter speed to begin with. Shooting stills at night requires very long/slow shutter speed to take in the small amount of light. And those long/slow shutter speeds require holding still. There is no way around these laws of light.

In other words, you'd have to fly it manually with the sticks. Move, stop, take picture. Move a little further down the road, stop, take picture, etc.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58