Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Map Caching Help

Atomic08

Reaction score
Hello again…

I am trying to plan a way point mission with my EVO from home.

I am using a Samsung galaxy Tab A as my mobile device and so far it has worked great
With no wifi connection to fly normal manual flights.

At home I can open the Explorer App and view the area map I want to plan the mission
And plot all the points and heights and everything no problem. After I save the mission
I can go to the area I want to fly the mission and open the App and open the saved mission and fly the mission no problem.
(No WiFi connections as I don’t have a wifi Plan on the tablet).

The issue is I cannot view the cached maps. All I see on my screen is a light grid with the numbered waypoints. I can see the EVO Icon and watch as it flys its course and points to the next waypoint.
When I touch the Normal,Hybrid, GPS maps icons, nothing changes.

How do I save the maps to view when “In the Field” ?
I thought and after watching the videos on how to cache maps, the maps are automatically saved when planning a mission.

Am I missing a setting on my tablet or on the Explorer App? ( V1.0.1.45 )

I don’t have a smart phone, just a small reliable flip phone.

Next question is how to set the EVO to video the mission. All the App shows is Camera Action: NONE or Time lapse. I found that what I have to do is start the EVO and take off to about 25 ft, start the video camera and adjust the camera angle, then go to mission and start the mission leaving the Camera Action setting to none. After the mission is over, I have to close the mission and then stop the video recording.

I thought there was a way to let the EVO fly the mission and then I can control the camera angle and direction of the camera with the controller ?

Thanks All Again !

To have the card at the place of flight, I believe that with the Evo, you need a smarthone with a Sim card.
It's not like DJI and Litchi where you can cache the card before going to the flight location.
The map saved on the mission plan is only the image of your journey.
To keep full control over the yaw and camera pitch, you must take the first waypoint system with the "freecontrol" option where you keep your hand on the orientation of the Evo 1.

Screenshot_2020-04-16-07-05-07.png

Reactions: tealsmoke57
Do you completely shut down the Samsung Galaxy after caching the map? I have a Galaxy also and used to get the “empty map square” later at time of actual flight instead of the cached map. I have found that if I totally power down the tablet after caching the map, there is a greater chance that the map will not display later when I power the tablet back up out at the field. So now, I leave the Galaxy on but in sleep mode all the time and get more consistent map results in the field. Just my anecdotal experience...

From my experience I have found once you cached the map you want you then have to turn off any wi-fi or data connection and like the above post do not turn off your device. Just put it into standby.

Thanks for the replies !
I think its my old Galaxy Tablet. I borrowed my wife's new Galaxy 10" tablet and Installed the Explorer App and it
caches and displays the Google maps when not on WiFi. Don't know why the old one doesn't. Also saving the maps and not turning off the device doesn't work as as soon as I turn off the WiFi, I lose the maps.

Next I found that there seems to be Two Waypoint modes.
One is when I open the App and Click on The MISSION button
( See Photo A )
Photo A.jpg
it opens a window with Waypoint Flight, Rectangular Rout and Polygon Route.
This opens a New Mission to plot (See Photo B )
Photo B.jpg
but there is no settings for Headings (See Photo F )
Photo F.jpg

Next mode is when I click the Camera Button, ( On Photo A ) on the top Left of the screen, to the Left of the Disconnected word, and I click on the little Drone image, (See Photo C )
Photo C.jpg

I get a new Intelligent Flight Window. (See Photo D )

Photo D.jpg
Opening that window, and plotting a mission, I get the Heading window to show. (See Photo E )

PhotoE.jpg
When the wind dies down later today, I'll go out and fly to see if it works !
Just posting all this so it may help others to understand what took me three days to figure out !

Hello again…

I am using a Samsung galaxy Tab A as my mobile device and so far it has worked great

At home I can open the Explorer App and view the area map I want to plan the mission
And plot all the points and heights and everything no problem. After I save the mission
I can go to the area I want to fly the mission and open the App and open the saved mission and fly the mission no problem.

The issue is I cannot view the cached maps. All I see on my screen is a light grid with the numbered waypoints. I can see the EVO Icon and watch as it flys its course and points to the next waypoint.

I thought and after watching the videos on how to cache maps, the maps are automatically saved when planning a mission.

Next question is how to set the EVO to video the mission. All the App shows is Camera Action: NONE or Time lapse. I found that what I have to do is start the EVO and take off to about 25 ft, start the video camera and adjust the camera angle, then go to mission and start the mission leaving the Camera Action setting to none. After the mission is over, I have to close the mission and then stop the video recording.

I thought there was a way to let the EVO fly the mission and then I can control the camera angle and direction of the camera with the controller ?

Thanks All Again !

You
Hello again…

Thanks All Again !

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain