Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Luminar 4

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
I have never been a big fan of Skylum Software until Luminar Flex came along. Even then it had some bugs that made it either lock up or crash but it had some really neat features. A few months ago Hilo and I started watching videos on the new release of Skylum Software Luminar 4. The big thing with this software was the easy sky replacement it was suppose to have. Well today I happened to get a hold of a early release. Official release date is Nov. 18th. All I can say this software is something else. I been playing with it all day and just loving it. All I can say is if you have a chance to check it out then go for it, I think you will just love it. :)

Original Photo

cm0PGJw.jpg

One Click Edit

Kmqu9XT.jpg

I've been looking at it too since I've been using Luminar 3 for a while. Getting it now! Thanks for the heads up. :)

It’s incredible what you can now do with these new AI tools in a few minutes. No masking, no cloning, just wow.....

It’s amazing how sophisticated image S/W is getting.... I had a guy who worked at a 3-letter Federal Agency tell me years ago that they felt threatened when Adobe introduced Photoshop, b/c digital-image enhancing S/W (was until then) the exclusive domain of the intelligence community —using proprietary S/W to enhance what “assets“ see...

Alien Skin Blow-Up was the 1st commercial product using concepts they were using for many years. Now on version 3, it analyzes each pixel and interpolates what’s missing in a massive enlargement with good results. I wonder what the spooks use now...

I have also been playing around with the new Photoshop 2020. Some pretty good improvements in that also.
Replacing the background in just a few clicks and using the new object selection tool is pretty amazing on how well it works just by itself.

Installed. Looks good. Photolemur which came with Luminar 3 is also kind of nice but a lot less to it. Photomatix is pretty good too for HDR.
Yes, it really is incredible how things are getting so sophisticated. Makes it easier for people like me lol.

Installed. Looks good. Photolemur which came with Luminar 3 is also kind of nice but a lot less to it. Photomatix is pretty good too for HDR.
Yes, it really is incredible how things are getting so sophisticated. Makes it easier for people like me lol.
Me three....hell, if he were alive, I bet (after some initial grumpines about technology, lol) Ansel Adams would be right with us. It’s all about creating pleasing/unique/imaginative imagery — anyway you can!

I shot these with my iPhone 11 Pro from the street in front of my house. What a great camera, that occasionally vibrates for some unknown reason, ;)CB0E8629-9075-4844-A785-348CEA7B0E11.jpeg624F5CD5-A0C5-45C6-9322-443A818EF3FD.jpeg

Reactions: Tufargon
Nice. I actually kinda miss living where you do.... Except in the summer.
My buddy has a new iphone and it, like yours takes crazy good pics and vids. He was streaming live with a couple of us on Skype a few weeks ago while in a canoe on Big Bear Lake in California. Was fun just watching while they fished.

Last edited:
Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Nice. I actually kinda miss living where you do.... Except in the summer.
My buddy has a new iphone and it, like yours takes crazy good pics and vids. He was streaming live with a couple of us on Skype a few weeks ago while in a canoe on Big Bear Lake. Was fun just watching while they fished.
That sounds great, I‘d run out of data on my plan so fast, lol. It’s an amazing camera, now with 3 lenses—the wide-angle is WIDE, and handy. The S/W wizardry built into the cameras is what really makes them amazing...

Reactions: Tufargon
We probably have the same plan. My data (50 GB through Hughesnet) runs out half way through the month. :(

Last edited:
  • Angry
You guys need unlimited data plans.
Weeeeellllll, unlimited really isn’t unlimited, unless you got something special down there! Where I live you must pick between ATT & Verizon to get a signal at home. Both unlimited plans throttle you down if you’re in a busy area, i.e. giving bandwidth to those more deserving than us data hogs. I had this happen 2 weeks back watching a football game on buddy’s phone. Suddenly it got very fuzzy. He still had a picture, but it was 360p at most, worthless. We read the fine print on his “unlimited” Verizon plan on my ATT phone. It’s buried deep but there...as it is on mine...

”In times of congestion, your [unlimited 4G LTE] data may be temporarily slower than other traffic (only after 25 GB/mo on Play More Unlimited, 50 GB/mo on Do More Unlimited and 75 GB/mo on Get More Unlimited).”

In other words, Verizon’s premium data is essentially a soft data cap, after which your data speeds could be throttled based on network congestion. And despite costing the same, the Play More Unlimited plan only comes with 25GB of premium 4G LTE data instead of 50GB like you get with the Do More Unlimited plan! Clear? :)

Reactions: Ansia and Tufargon
Weeeeellllll, unlimited really isn’t unlimited, unless you got something special down there! Where I live you must pick between ATT & Verizon to get a signal at home. Both unlimited plans throttle you down if you’re in a busy area, i.e. giving bandwidth to those more deserving than us data hogs. I had this happen 2 weeks back watching a football game on buddy’s phone. Suddenly it got very fuzzy. He still had a picture, but it was 360p at most, worthless. We read the fine print on his “unlimited” Verizon plan on my ATT phone. It’s buried deep but there...as it is on mine...

”In times of congestion, your [unlimited 4G LTE] data may be temporarily slower than other traffic (only after 25 GB/mo on Play More Unlimited, 50 GB/mo on Do More Unlimited and 75 GB/mo on Get More Unlimited).”

In other words, Verizon’s premium data is essentially a soft data cap, after which your data speeds could be throttled based on network congestion. And despite costing the same, the Play More Unlimited plan only comes with 25GB of premium 4G LTE data instead of 50GB like you get with the Do More Unlimited plan! Clear? :)
This is somewhat true. I have found a few truly unlimited data plans. Some are grandfathered in from very old plans that were never updated to a newer plan and some are business plans. They're just hotspots through the major carriers and are focused to gamers/streamers for places like twitch. Rather than hijack the thread, if anyone wants links to the plans you can pm me. They are completely legit and I have zero affiliation.

Reactions: Ansia
I once had a unlimited data plan which at the time included the I-phone 4S. It was actually a great plan except for the phone. As newer phones started coming out the only way to keep the unlimited data plane was to keep the old 4S phone. After a while i just got tired of everyone being on my case about my old phone and finally upgraded. My plane now only has 3 free gigs of data that I have never gone over. Lots of free internet around here so its not a big deal. On the other hand my kid gets pretty close every month and I have to kick his butt and threaten to take his phone away. LOL

I once had a unlimited data plan which at the time included the I-phone 4S. It was actually a great plan except for the phone. As newer phones started coming out the only way to keep the unlimited data plane was to keep the old 4S phone. After a while i just got tired of everyone being on my case about my old phone and finally upgraded. My plane now only has 3 free gigs of data that I have never gone over. Lots of free internet around here so its not a big deal. On the other hand my kid gets pretty close every month and I have to kick his butt and threaten to take his phone away. LOL
That's exactly how they do it. Those plans still exist and you basically rent them.

I have true unlimited data plan with 50gig of tethering. Thank god. I do around 200 gigs each month.

I have true unlimited data plan with 50gig of tethering. Thank god. I do around 200 gigs each month.
Not while you're tethering you don't. That's primarily for your phone besides the tethering. I use my laptop for all things internet so that does nothing for me. Probably not these others either. I don't do anything internet wise on my phone. We are talking about our main/home internet for our computers.

Today is the official release date. There is a update in the official release based on all the feedback from beta testers. Have not updated yet so I cannot comment on the improvements.

I had that same iPhone and the same or very similar plan. AT&T used it to sell iPhones, and it worked. It was truly unlimited, so of course they discontinued it if you upgraded the phone....

I had that same iPhone and the same or very similar plan. AT&T used it to sell iPhones, and it worked. It was truly unlimited, so of course they discontinued it if you upgraded the phone....

Yup and that was the only Apple phone I ever owned. After that its been all Android. My son likes his Apple phones so I still have to try and keep up to date with them but hopefully the next round of trade ins he goes for a Android.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials