Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Low res stills preview on mobile

You are likely getting them from the wrong folder. Are you looking in the thumbnail folder called thm?

Check the other folders on the Micro SD card. I'm sure you're looking at the thumbnails. I've seen a couple people do this by accident.

On your computer. Take the micro sd card out of the drone and put it in your computer. It's looking in the wrong folder for some reason and it's showing you the thumbnails.

On your computer. Take the micro sd card out of the drone and put it in your computer. It's looking in the wrong folder for some reason.

Yeah I haven't looked at the SD Card on the drone yet, but I'm curious why the quality is so low as a preview in my phone. So low it's a useless feature to have.

Yeah I haven't looked at the SD Card on the drone yet, but I'm curious why the quality is so low as a preview in my phone. So low it's a useless feature to have.
Because your phone somehow is looking in the wrong folder. It's looking at the thumbnails.

Ah I see. I only just got the drone and haven't updated the firmware yet. So maybe that will fix it.
That will not fix the picture location it's looking in. But yes you should update the firmware also.

I'm not sure about the phone. The pictures are stored on the micro sd card in the drone. I would just remove the card, put it in the pc and transfer the files where you want them. Like to the HDD on your computer then you can transfer them to your phone. Or you can plug the drone into the pc to move them also.

I'm not sure about the phone. The pictures are stored on the micro sd card in the drone. I would just remove the card, put it in the pc and transfer the files where you want them. Like to the HDD on your computer then you can transfer them to your phone.

I understand that but doesn't solve the problem when I need to do previews before leaving my clients. Will call Autel tomorrow and ask them for a fix. I did take our the 32gb card it came with for a 64gb card and reformatted. As I'm out all day I fill up 32gb easily. Humm

Good Idea. Low res images would not fill up a 32GB card fast. Video on the other hand will.

My god. How many pictures do you take? That would have to be tens of thousands I'm guessing.

I use the new iPad Pro for photos, I bought the usb c to sd card reader and mainly shoot in raw format. It transfers everything instantly except 4K. I can’t go higher then 2k but I may have to get the apple branded one for 4K. Shoot raw and transfer from sd card in drone, you’re pictures will be a ton mo betta IMG_0118.jpg

My Evo does the same. It makes thumbnails of the pictures taken inside the phone's storage. You can download the original photos stored inside the drone using the gallery inside the Explorer app.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials