Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lost Signal Today

DaveMH

Reaction score
While flying today I lost control & video signal on my EVO 1.
Yes, I was out a bit far and anticipated this would happen, but.
When I lost connection the EVO hovered much to long before RTH
Based on the video it hovered in place for 2 minutes and 15 seconds, than turned for home.
I have a hard time believing, with control lost, that it should take that long to go into RTH.

That being said, AirData app (which is great by the way) showed only 8 seconds after loss of signal till RTH.
I believe the video is accurate because the drone didn't move for the 2 plus minutes.

Anyone have similar experience or suggestions for the discrepancy?
I think the response should be only a few seconds BUT that's not what happened according to the running video.

Thanks for any feedback.

The manual says 3 seconds and it should return to home. It might have been cutting in and out causing some confusion. The good part is that it did what it was suppose to do and returned home.
Did it ever reconnect on the way back?

Yes, it did RTH and reconnected on its way back.
2 plus minutes is a long time when you have no indication of what's happening.
As stated my time is based on the running video.
It was longer than that before it reconnected and the pucker factor went away.

Thanks for the reply

if it was heading directly towards you it may have looked like it was not moving. It gets hard to tell when you get to far out to see it well. I understand the sphincter reaction very well. 2 miles out and it gets hard to see even on bigger drones like Phantom 3. The add on strobes help to confirm it isn't a bird your watching LOL.

Happy flying

what where you flying near, possible jamming , or home wifi stepping on your signal

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller