Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lost images

• Thread starter Deleted member 9417
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9417

Weird problem I have not encountered before. Shot five subjects, all stills, but two of the subjects did not show up on the micro SD card. There was not a gap in the digital file number sequence. Autel EVO Pro II 6K. Had it set for single shot. Only thing I can figure is that I did not allow enough time for the images on those two to load. Anyone else ever encounter this glitch? Pretty sure it is operator error.

Weird problem I have not encountered before. Shot five subjects, all stills, but two of the subjects did not show up on the micro SD card. There was not a gap in the digital file number sequence. Autel EVO Pro II 6K. Had it set for single shot. Only thing I can figure is that I did not allow enough time for the images on those two to load. Anyone else ever encounter this glitch? Pretty sure it is operator error.

I have had that problem before, if the buffer does not clear after the previous image the next image will not save. On the screen you will notice a spinning indicator around the shutter button as it is saving, if you try to take an image while it is spinning it probably will not save. This is mainly a problem when taking many images at once such as for Panos or when shooting fast action.

To help the buffer clear faster you can try a faster memory card, but the EVO II is still quite slow in the FPS department, and sometimes it is just slow in general when taking a shot. Formatting the memory card could help with this but usually it is something else in the EVO's circuitry or software. Here are the memory cards that I use in all of my equipment.

Also, I have noticed that it is more likely to not take the picture if you use the button on the remote, this could be a bug. I always tap the shutter button on the screen instead. I also have the shutter sound enabled and the volume up high enough to hear it, if you don't hear the shutter sound it did not take the picture.

Last edited:
Reactions: AirStag
Also, I have noticed that it is more likely to not take the picture if you use the button on the remote,
On one of my controllers the photo trigger button will sometimes stick and not take a photo (have had this happen on one of my Mavic controllers as well). When or if the photo trigger button sticks, then its simply a matter of taping the on screen e.g. white photo trigger. Sometimes if the physical controller photo trigger sticks, after doing the touch screen trigger, the physical controller photo trigger will start working again. If the physical controller photo trigger keeps sticking a cleaning with clean compressed air can help.

Have also run into delays with photos saving, buffering even with high speed microsd cards like the SanDisk Extreme Pro when doing longer exposures, and J+R and/or bracketed/rapid shoot. With panos usually dont have issues with saving or buffering.

On one of my controllers the photo trigger button will sometimes stick and not take a photo (have had this happen on one of my Mavic controllers as well). When or if the photo trigger button sticks, then its simply a matter of taping the on screen e.g. white photo trigger. Sometimes if the physical controller photo trigger sticks, after doing the touch screen trigger, the physical controller photo trigger will start working again. If the physical controller photo trigger keeps sticking a cleaning with clean compressed air can help.

Have also run into delays with photos saving, buffering even with high speed microsd cards like the SanDisk Extreme Pro when doing longer exposures, and J+R and/or bracketed/rapid shoot. With panos usually dont have issues with saving or buffering.

Mine definitely stops working at times, it did not seem to be sticking but that could be the problem. I once had to reshoot a pano because it wasn't actually taking pictures after pressing the shutter button on the remote; have never used the remote's button again, I always use the screen's shutter button.

I mainly run into buffering problems when shooting panos; with panos you want to take the images as quickly as possible to reduce the chances of drone movement from one image to the next and many times I've had to wait for the buffer to clear.

Mine definitely stops working at times, it did not seem to be sticking but that could be the problem. I once had to reshoot a pano because it wasn't actually taking pictures after pressing the shutter button on the remote; have never used the remote's button again, I always use the screen's shutter button.

I mainly run into buffering problems when shooting panos; with panos you want to take the images as quickly as possible to reduce the chances of drone movement from one image to the next and many times I've had to wait for the buffer to clear.
With pano's I generally dont run into buffering problems, unless saving R+J even then not delays. Have run into wind issues (e.g. in the upper 20s and 30s) where panos (spherical) are more susceptible to movement.

Regarding pressing the white photo, or red video trigger button on the app display, rarely do that as prefer to use the paddle/physical trigger as dont have to look down at screen, can stay focused on what shooting. Like many things however can come down to personal preference.

With pano's I generally dont run into buffering problems, unless saving R+J even then not delays. Have run into wind issues (e.g. in the upper 20s and 30s) where panos (spherical) are more susceptible to movement.

Regarding pressing the white photo, or red video trigger button on the app display, rarely do that as prefer to use the paddle/physical trigger as dont have to look down at screen, can stay focused on what shooting. Like many things however can come down to personal preference.

Strangely enough, the video record button on the remote has always worked for me so I typically use that to stop and start video recording which is a good thing since I typically need both hands on the controller for video. For photos the remote's button is too unreliable for me so I use the screen. With photos the pace is slower anyway so it all works out.

For photos the remote's button is too unreliable for me so I use the screen. With photos the pace is slower anyway so it all works out.
For some situations photo pace can be slow, for other projects I do that pace is faster and dont have time to look down at screen and push screen button, instead use the physical trigger. Kind of like not looking through camera view finder vs not looking through camera view finder when shooting slow pace vs fast action paced things. Indoor projects where I need to stay very focused on the aircraft, its possible drift or movement due to lack of gps/positioning, is another scenario where I dont have time to look and push the app soft trigger button. However it also comes down to preferences and what used to doing.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy