Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Loose SMA jam nut on Smart Controller

Junior

Reaction score
When installing the SC antennas this morning I noticed one of antennas screwed on more than the other (2 full rotations). Using some small needle nose plyers I checked the jam nut on the short threaded connector and it was loose. Only one jam nut was loose. My controller may be the only one with this issue, but I thought I would pass it on.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20210719_114130.jpg
    thumbnail_20210719_114130.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 13
Good information, that top jam nut (one of two) can also be removed if someone is adding on a booster with adapters. I encountered this adding on the AlienTech booster to my SC V1, I've since removed booster going back with stock antennas.

Curious why you've gone back. I didn't aquire a Duo for the V2 yet. It's pretty expensive and I just blew the budget on a Mavic 3 Fly More. Was it more trouble/ too big for the additional signal strength or some other reason. I'm still considering one, but no sense of urgency.

Actually, I did go back with the AlienTech booster and consistently use the amplifier. Now, Depending on location will switch them. The stock antennas are great, and so are the AlienTech booster.

Happy flying!

Curious why you've gone back. I didn't aquire a Duo for the V2 yet. It's pretty expensive and I just blew the budget on a Mavic 3 Fly More. Was it more trouble/ too big for the additional signal strength or some other reason. I'm still considering one, but no sense of urgency.
I was on the side lines of getting the Mavic 3, if I was to get one would probably get the Tripltek 8 Pro to use with the Mavic 3. About the only benefit for me would be the extended flight time, and zoom.

Already have Mavic 2 Pro, and it’s still a good quad as a backup to my Evo 2 Pro. Fortunately, was able to resist the temptation and held off from getting a Mavic 3.

Congratulations with scoring a Mavic 3!

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
For me there is absolutely NO way to justify spending that much money on the M3 with such little gain and then to deal with the babysitting as to where I can fly. Other than the zoom, the EVO2 is doing everything the M3 can do.

Reactions: PingSpike

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials