Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

Looking for a good case / backpack? Check this out!

Black Dog Drone Ops

I have been using the Lowepro BP150 with my Mavic Pro but just got my Evo yesterday. Autel did such a great job with packaging, I decided to try something wild 'n crazy with the removable foam insert that came in the box (can't do this with the hard plastic in the Mavic packing, hmmm, DJI?). I figured, that form-fitted foam was designed by Autel professionals to protect the Evo during shipping and handling so it much be the best thing to secure it. So, I pulled all the inserts from my BP150 and rearranged things a little and, check this out! Perfect fit! Arranging the smaller velcro pads gives perfect room for the controller, two batteries (once I get them) and the top compartment holds the charger and small accessories like ND filters, etc. I keep the spare props in the phone pocket in the front compartment. It is almost like it was mode to work together so this is how Ill be carrying my Evo.

Just thought I'd post in case anyone else needs a good case! These Lowepro's are about $60 at Best Buy but you can find them cheaper too and they are top quality, pro-level bags.

Attachments

mixchief

IMG_2714.JPG Case Logic camera bag, the back is a zippered compartment that fits a laptop, plenty more storage for cables etc in the front and one side. Two spare batteries I keep in the original box with the charger under the microfiber cloths, ND filters and other accessories, SD cards rtc in the inside of the mail lid zipped pocket, in other words, everything is in there. I should make a side to side comparison with my Inspire 1 backpack LOL

You can buy the Lowepro 150 at Target for less than $50. Also for hard case try Harbor Freight, the Apache 3800 with the 20% off coupon, cost around $30 +. So far the best for the money in my research.

UnRanged

If money means nothing, be sure to buy what you please. Good luck with it.
The foam in the Apache cases simply will not hold up to the weight of the EVO, it's batteries or controller. I know. I own two Apache cases a GPC and four Pelican cases. If GPC sold a foam EVO kit for third party cases for $70 ... I would have bought an Apache and that kit.. I actually took the foam kit from a Pelican case and put it in an Apache. I swear the materials hold up to scuffing better... It's worth it. Especially if you're money needs to be well spent the first time. But if you think it will suit your needs, buy a bottle of their liquid tape and Paint the top of the foam. It will create a skin that bonds all the cuts and stop them from peeling apart and will keep sand and moisture from getting into the foam. And makes it a fitted case. I weighed the option and decided to forgo 10 pints of Guinness to pay for the difference. No small sacrifice friend. This case will last the life of the EVO and increases it's resale value in case I decide to buy the newest one when it comes out.

The foam in the Apache cases simply will not hold up to the weight of the EVO, it's batteries or controller. I know. I own two Apache cases a GPC and four Pelican cases. If GPC sold a foam EVO kit for third party cases for $70 ... I would have bought an Apache and that kit.. I actually took the foam kit from a Pelican case and put it in an Apache. I swear the materials hold up to scuffing better... It's worth it. Especially if you're money needs to be well spent the first time. But if you think it will suit your needs, buy a bottle of their liquid tape and Paint the top of the foam. It will create a skin that bonds all the cuts and stop them from peeling apart and will keep sand and moisture from getting into the foam. And makes it a fitted case. I weighed the option and decided to forgo 10 pints of Guinness to pay for the difference. No small sacrifice friend. This case will last the life of the EVO and increases it's resale value in case I decide to buy the newest one when it comes out.

I concede to your comment, because you have tried the Apache and you say it doesn't work. You should know. You saved me a purchase. Thanks! I guess the $119 from Autel is cost effective because it works!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronald W.