Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lite+ Gimbal Sway Continues in New 1.2.16 Firmware (Video)

Are they even responding to request to return the drone under warranty repair?

Me also , No certain time to resolve this issue , the factory no any response , one week ? one month ? one year? wish they have a recall!

Not only selling but failing to answer support phone, email or chat and even the extra money paid for Autel Cares....there is NOTHING. I'm betting Autel is days away from going under...

It’s the gimbal thus the name gimbal sway.

This is the drone sitting on a table.

Why does the gimbal move left to right? Other drone gimbals work just fine without that "feature" and there is no way to manually control it or lock it in place. I want to be able to manually control every function on this drone but am very limited. I notice this in the air and makes the hyperlapes or AEB functions useless.

Why does the gimbal move left to right? Other drone gimbals work just fine without that "feature" and there is no way to manually control it or lock it in place. I want to be able to manually control every function on this drone but am very limited. I notice this in the air and makes the hyperlapes or AEB functions useless.

It's a bug, it happens to all Lite+ drones. The camera never stops moving a few degrees to one side and then to the other.

The amount it moves varies from time to time, sometimes even seems to stop for a bit but then starts again, is quite random.

Ruins videos, hyperlapses and long exposures and you can zoom in to appreciate it better.

It happens even with the motors off and the drone landed.

After updating the lite plus I got very crazy images from my lite plus today. At the beginning everything went well. I did some images of an aircraft shelter brickwall trying to bring the lite as close to the wall as possible. Then I ascended to do a pano shoot. After processing the pano shoot, the camera's behaviour became crazy - the gimbal inclination turned to extreme angles, left and then right. So I landed the lite to check the gimbal. But there was nothing visible that may have affected the gimbal movement. Next flight everything was ok. So I was unable to reproduce the strange gimbal inclination. Weather was fine - bright sunshine, moderate wind, no turbulences. 25 satellites to support GPS. Temperature about 10°C

Attachments

• fst_MAX_0030.jpg
    fst_MAX_0030.jpg
    950.1 KB · Views: 12
  • snd_MAX_0060.jpg
    snd_MAX_0060.jpg
    615.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
After updating the lite plus I got very crazy images from my lite plus today. At the beginning everything went well. I did some images of an aircraft shelter brickwall trying to bring the lite as close to the wall as possible. Then I ascended to do a pano shoot. After processing the pano shoot, the camera's behaviour became crazy - the gimbal inclination turned to extreme angles, left and then right. So I landed the lite to check the gimbal. But there was nothing visible that may have affected the gimbal movement. Next flight everything was ok. So I was unable to reproduce the strange gimbal inclination. Weather was fine - bright sunshine, moderate wind, no turbulences. 25 satellites to support GPS. Temperature about 10°C

Probably the gimbal "died" midflight, happened to me once and after the restarting it never happened again.

Probably the gimbal "died" midflight, happened to me once and after the restarting it never happened again.
Maybe, but I guess not. I did some additional flights yesterday, eg fast 360s with the horizon as reference line. For a while the gimbal turned always "northward", meaning: at a heading 90° the gimbal went about 10° to the right, and at the opposite direction (270°) the gimbal turned about 10° to the left. The whole 360 looked like a ship dumping at heavy waves.

If the drone leans towards the site when rotating around the vertical axis, the vertical axis of the gimbal would have to compensate for this tilt. But it apparently does not always do so, even though it has sufficient mechanical freedom of movement. A few minutes later, everything worked fine - the gimbal compensated for the tilt more or less.

So I checked compass calibration what was fine. Gimbal setting prior to take off was also without deviation. But it happened again. This is what confuses me: sometimes everything looks good, a few moments later the stabilization is bad.

Last edited:
Autel has not returned any calls, any emails nor responded to the BBB. Looks to me like they are on their way out...I think the end is near. This also goes for Autel Care.

Autel has not returned any calls, any emails nor responded to the BBB. Looks to me like they are on their way out...I think the end is near. This also goes for Autel Care.
Since 2015 I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say Autel was on their way out. I would have enough money to buy a few new drones. ;)

A few Autels ? :oops::cool::p
No I got tired of all the promises from Autel and moved on to something a little more dependable. Said I would never go to the Dark Side but the force was just to strong LOL.
Autel is not going anywhere, they have to much invested. There is a possibility they might down size shop in the USA as Yuneec did a few years ago but they are not going to fold completely.

Autel has finally responded to my BBB complaint. The "new" Tech support boss emailed me... Tom...Said return the drone and they will fix the sway which leads me to believe it isn't firmware.

Reactions: lukappaseidue
Yeah if they need to get drone back to fix why not do a recall? Could be why support is non existent...They are hiding from the issue.
See my post which includes an email from AUtel saying they will deal with each complaint on a case by case basis. Meaning if no one complains and waits for the hopeful FW update that will magically fix this nothing serious will happen but if everyone that is having this issue start complaining to them directly on the email I posted, changes will happen fast.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58