Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lite+ almost did not come home!!

Shanti

Reaction score
Hi Had a job today to take photos of an event with 1000's of people. Was at about 120m & low batt warning(15%) came on. Tried to bring the drone down manually,no luck, then hit Home button & it started to go up to 200m!! battery was then at 12% & people underneath. Finally I could manually bring it down safely, but have no idea why I lost control? FW is latest..Anyone experience something similiar ?
Thanks

• Wow
Reactions: earthskyvisuals
Hi Had a job today to take photos of an event with 1000's of people. Was at about 120m & low batt warning(15%) came on. Tried to bring the drone down manually,no luck, then hit Home button & it started to go up to 200m!! battery was then at 12% & people underneath. Finally I could manually bring it down safely, but have no idea why I lost control? FW is latest..Anyone experience something similiar ?
Thanks
Did you have set RTH altitude limit? What value?

Not sure I can answer your question but was your low battery warning set to 15% or was that the critical battery warning setting? It is not advisable to be that high up or over people and let the battery get that low. Sounds like your RTH was set very high as mentioned above?

Not sure I can answer your question but was your low battery warning set to 15% or was that the critical battery warning setting? It is not advisable to be that high up or over people and let the battery get that low. Sounds like your RTH was set very high as mentioned above?
Hi low battery was set to 15% ,RTH altitude was 30m...why it went up to 200m??

Thanks
I wish RTH could be disabled. I have had multiple incidence where the craft prematurely RTH and have been flying with obstacles overhead. It will shoot up to RTH altitude and hit what ever is overhead. In this case, trees. It took a hard hit to the ground after turning upside down and powering to the ground. Believe it or not, I'm flying that drone right now with zero damage except a few scratches on top. Since I fly with the craft within sight 90% of the time, I would prefer it to just land where it is rather than go into abort then lose all control. As long as I'm not near some ground hazards or over water, that is what I would like. I know few would want this. Ever just give something a good belt and it functions better? I swear that my drone is flying better than it ever has. I know this is not possible but sure seems that way.

Hate to be that guy but don’t fly over people that is not allowed under Part 107 and now you see why People could have been hurt and think what a crap storm you’d have on your hands then Don’t need FAA in your butt

Hate to be that guy but don’t fly over people that is not allowed under Part 107 and now you see why People could have been hurt and think what a crap storm you’d have on your hands then Don’t need FAA in your butt
was not directly over, but as it didnt respond, was going in their direction...never fly directly over, but 100's of women were walking in the nature so not in one place. Don't like I can't trust it now. will try to put flight log here.

RTH can be canceled.

You can preselect signal lost behaviour to RTH or to land directly.

found a BIg issue. The remote disconnects at times !! Samsung s21 latest FW, remote is sorta connected,can start drone & fly but no info on screen???

found a BIg issue. The remote disconnects at times !! Samsung s21 latest FW, remote is sorta connected,can start drone & fly but no info on screen???

Check the cable connection between the controller and the phone, if the USB-C is loosy it may freeze or not work.

Controller is independent from the phone, you just need to pair it with the drone and you can start the motors and fly without even a phone connected, it's the same for most controllers.

Check the cable connection between the controller and the phone, if the USB-C is loosy it may freeze or not work.

Controller is independent from the phone, you just need to pair it with the drone and you can start the motors and fly without even a phone connected, it's the same for most controllers.
OK so I know it's the phone now. have checked cable its OK, works fine with my old Motorola G6 , but S21no more since last FW update??

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles