Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Light weight Tablet with Sun Shade set up!

jcommstudios

Reaction score
Website
jcommstudios.com
Spoiled by bigger monitors on my other drones.... I picked up a very light Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7" (8/OZ) and a sun shade for a RED CAMERA 7" monitor. My buddy over at at ShadowQuad 3D printed an extender for the monitor mount and I secured it all with Velcro. Should be a lot easier to see the video feed on the EVO and packs up nicely in the EVO case . Pictures attached if you have been thinking of something bigger than your phone as a monitor but not "huge" this is a pretty good option!

Attachments

• DSCN5900.JPG
    DSCN5900.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 73
  • DSCN5902.JPG
    DSCN5902.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2448.jpg
    IMG_2448.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2449.jpg
    IMG_2449.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2450.jpg
    IMG_2450.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2463.JPG
    IMG_2463.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
Reactions: mixchief
Nice setup. You've got me looking at one.
My main concern was the small form factor of the EVO controller. I have larger tablets but they make balance difficult due to the heavier weight. The Galaxy Tab A also has an "outdoor mode" that gives you a really bright screen and they tout an 11hr run time although I'm sure it is much shorter at full brightness. The sunshade is a must have as I tried the EVO with my iPhone 7 w/o a shade and it was difficult to see. The RED small rig sun shade ($28) and the Galaxy Tab A ($127) are available on Amazon. The Velco courtesy of my local hardware store! lol

Very nice nice set-up. I’ve found the minimum brightness for me to see well is an iPad Air 2, with the brightness on max. It’s also the lightest 9.7” iPad ever made. A 16gb used one on CL is around $100. Brightness cuts battery life noticeably, maybe even 1/2, but I can clearly see w/o a shield —— with one it’s excellent.

Reactions: jcommstudios
Ordered mine today, looks like the right thing, though frankly a bit expensive, but all others just look pretty cheap, I really like that it leaves the ports on the tablet free as I have a Nvidia Shield with HDMI port that allows me to connect my goggles. Good to know I can take them off and see something more than my reflection.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles