Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Resolved-FIxed in latest Firmware-Letter from EVO support confirms 10 bit log at 4k.....12 bit RAW stills

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they either don't know, they're lying, or me and all the other guys who already have one are stupid :-D

Reactions: parkgt
So they either don't know, they're lying, or me and all the other guys who already have one are stupid :-D

Would it be possible for you to post a link to a download of h.265 footage so that others can see for themselves that it is not 10bit?

10-bit color is only available using the DNG image file type while using the LOG color profile.

At the risk of sounding stupid, I thought color profiles didn't affect DNG files...?

At the risk of sounding stupid, I thought color profiles didn't affect DNG files...?
DNG files are what people refer as RAW files. Jpeg photos are compressed, therefore lose a lot in the compression.

Well that is an 8bit file! Yet to see anyone post a file with 10 bit color?

Yes and I have sent off another email with links to the video, an my findings below:
So before all the bashing starts again lets give them time to respond to my email on how they determine 10 Bit video. We all would like to know the correct answer but until then lets all play nice.

General
Complete name : C:\Users\Home\Desktop\MAX_0009.MOV
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : QuickTime
Codec ID : qt 0000.02 (qt )
File size : 324 MiB
Duration : 25 s 800 ms
Overall bit rate : 105 Mb/s
Writing application : Lavf58.20.100

Video
ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main [email protected]@Main
HDR format : SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
Codec ID : hev1
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Duration : 25 s 800 ms
Bit rate : 105 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 30.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.423
Stream size : 324 MiB (100%)
Title : Autel.Video
Language : English
Color range : Full
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
Mastering display color primaries : BT.709
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0000 cd/m2, max: 0 cd/m2
Codec configuration box : hvcC

DNG files are what people refer as RAW files. Jpeg photos are compressed, therefore lose a lot in the compression.
Right. That's exactly why color profiles wouldn't affect the DNGs. They only make a difference for compressed files, and are much more useful for video than photo. It seems strange that Alejandro would suggest that the photos are 12 bit when shooting in RAW log. It shouldn't make a difference. RAW images will look identical whether shot in log or shot in any other color profile.

Once we get this nailed down, we should ask him about the advertised 6k @60fps. I am pretty certain it shoots 6k (5.5k?) at only 30fps, which is OK with me. But they should not advertise something they do not deliver.

Nowhere in their official pub (on their site) does it talk about 6K at 60Fps.
Specs Evo II Fps.JPG

View attachment 6970

Is the manual official enough?

It is stated in the EVO 2 manual page 25. 5.5 k at 60fps.

" EVO Ⅱ Pro camera with a 1-inch sensor: Takes photos with a resolution of up to 20 MP (5472 x 3648), and records 5.5K video at 60 fps or 2.7K video at 120 fps, with a bit rate of up to 120 Mbps. The lens aperture is adjustable within the range of f/2.8 to f/11."

Is the manual official enough?

It is stated in the EVO 2 manual page 25. 5.5 k at 60fps.

" EVO Ⅱ Pro camera with a 1-inch sensor: Takes photos with a resolution of up to 20 MP (5472 x 3648), and records 5.5K video at 60 fps or 2.7K video at 120 fps, with a bit rate of up to 120 Mbps. The lens aperture is adjustable within the range of f/2.8 to f/11."

Good catch. Hopefully one or the other is just a miss print.

View attachment 6970

Follow the link to their website below, paragraph 1. (click on the red title)

“ shoots 5.5k video at 60fps”

Pretty certain I saw it a second place in their website too.

AutelPilot.com is not Autel's website, it is a vulgar reseller of the Autel brand. He is not related to the parent company.
In this case, we can simply say that everything is false too because the camera is supposedly a 6K which is far from it since it does not have the resolution of 6144 x 3160 which is that of 6K.
Neither the 5k resolution of 5120 x 2880.
But they managed to make a bastard with a 5.5k at 5472 x 3076, a standard that does not exist in cinema.
In short, everything has been wrong from the start. This could make a good legal case for DJI ....

In short, I leave you to your quarrels of ragpickers, since that amuses you. moqueur dji.gif

Autel robotics, the inventor of the new resolutions.......................... Sold with a suppository.
Resolution.png

Last edited:
Once we get this nailed down, we should ask him about the advertised 6k @60fps. I am pretty certain it shoots 6k (5.5k?) at only 30fps, which is OK with me. But they should not advertise something they do not deliver.

I'm pretty sure 60fps will never happen. If you record 5.5k at 30fps, it's already at 120 MBit/s. So if you want double the frames, something will suffer in the compression process. And like you already wrote - 30fps is fine as long as you don't need to slow down a take.

For now, few sensors can climb above 30Fps above 4K, image size requires.
There are only two cameras that can mount like the Red Dragon 6k at 82 Fps and the Red Gemini at 75 Fps camera, but we no longer play in the same playground, namely $ 17,790 against an Evo 2 camera at $ 879.
This is expensive to mount on an Evo 2 toy.

Is it possible that 10-bit color depth is only available using an external recorder? The Sony IMX383 sensor is capable:

Attachments

• Sony IMX383-AAQK_Flyer.pdf
    127.4 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member