Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Resolved-FIxed in latest Firmware-Letter from EVO support confirms 10 bit log at 4k.....12 bit RAW stills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either he is lying or there are a lot of clueless Pro owners.

You mean every single Pro Owner. It's like the existence of God. Church says you can't prove he doesn't exist, so he exists. Origonaldobo took the question to the VP. He is waiting for an answer now.

Reactions: parkgt
This post is also starting to go around in circles so until something new comes along this post and any other 10 bit post will be closed.

OK I have received another follow up email from Autel. This one seems to be going in the right direction. We will see how this plays out before unlocking this post. All I can say is give them some time to sort this out.

Hello ,

We have been getting a lot of feedback with the same issues and questions. Our camera team is working right now on releasing official educational information on these questions very soon!
Thank you for supporting and helping us. I'm going to bring this up at our next staff meeting this afternoon. Thank you .

Regards,

Alex H.

Customer Support Agent

Received today from Autel.

"We have been informed by our Quality Engineer that there is a slight software bug that is not currently allowing for Evo II videos and photos to be saved with 10-bit color depth. This is just a software bug and not related to any hardware inside of the camera or otherwise. All Evo II models support 10-bit color depth in both video and photo modes. We are currently working on a fix for this software bug that should be included in another firmware update. We have not been given any timeline as to when to expect this fix to be released, but when we have been given that information we will update our customers accordingly. If you have any more questions or concerns please let me know, I would be more than happy to continue to assist you. In the meantime, please stay healthy and fly safe!"

I don't wish to throw oil into the fire, but if it's a software bug, why will a firmware fix this?

So I guess the whole point here is that they didn't lie about something. Obviously they are going to and can fix it.

So I guess the whole point here is that they didn't lie about something.

Other than telling several people that the it did record 10 bit when obviously it didn't. They were less than forthcoming.

Reactions: Micander
Other than telling several people that the it did record 10 bit when obviously it didn't. They were less than forthcoming.
The techs weren't answering that question and it sounds like they were even unaware of the fault. Support were answering and obviously didn't know about it. Sounds like they were all baffled with that situation and are on the ball on fixing it now.

I don't wish to throw oil into the fire, but if it's a software bug, why will a firmware fix this?

Because Firmware is Software. Usually they call it firmware if it is connected to the hardware in form of being stored in an EPROM and handles calls to the hardware.

I like to think of firmware as a driver for both hardware first and then software combined.

I like to think of firmware as a driver for both hardware first and then software combined.

A driver is all software too. The names are used to distinguish between code with different tasks

edit: After all their support has shown i doubt they know the difference ;-)

Reactions: Tufargon
A driver is all software too. The names are used to distinguish between code with different tasks

edit: After all their support has shown i doubt they know the difference ;-)
A driver doesn't give you options for something. Software does.
Either way they are on it and they didn't lie.

A driver doesn't give you options for something. Software does.

It does not need to give you options, but it can. I, for instance, can give the driver of my NIC the option to tell the hardware to identify with a certain address. But i think we're going too deep here. Fact is: It's all software and when they're talking about a software bug it can be anywhere.

I agree to a point but the fact is they didn't lie. ;)

I agree to a point but the fact is they didn't lie. ;)

That depends on how you define lying for yourself. I sent them proof 3 weeks ago. They didn't answer at first and then their answering bot 'Alejandro' sent me the standard 'You have to record in 4k@30fps log' answer. I for myself will apply Hanlon's razor on this story: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Reactions: parkgt
You're beating a dead horse. Ok they lied and tried to decieve everyone. I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy