Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Let's See Those Cases!

Squirrel!

Reaction score
I thought I started a thread already but I can't find it. Maybe I deleted it? Don't remember...

Anywho...While I appreciate the Autel Case and think it is absolutely an excellent case for the casual flyer, for the frequent flier, the props need to stay on. So I took my P3S case and used an exacto knife to trim some foam and voila! (I ordered a new case, but until my P3S gets rebuilt, I just use this one).

So, let's see those cases!!! :cool:
DSCN2362.JPG DSCN2363.JPG

Still use the Autel case, when I use it, which is not very often.
Do you have a DJI you use more often or another brand? Or do you just not really fly that much?

If I wasn't using this everyday, 3,4,5 times a day, I would stick with the Autel case myself. Those zippers are one of my pet peeves...they always jam up when trying to zipper close. A PITA to me.

I'm honestly amazed this forum isn't more active than it is...a tad disappointed actually.

I agree the zippers suck. I'm not an everyday user so I live with it.

This site is active enough that I can't keep up with all the posts. Between your many daily flights you must have more web surfing time than I do.

Reactions: Squirrel!
I had two cases - one with sucky zippers and one with good zippers. Don't ask me what I was thinking, but when I sent my crashed drone back to Autel, it was the one with the "good" case. Perfect chance to get rid of the case with the crappy zippers, and I didn't think to switch cases.

I find that with the crappy zippers, slightly opening the front of the case helps get the zippers started around the back corners.

Do you have a DJI you use more often or another brand? Or do you just not really fly that much?

If I wasn't using this everyday, 3,4,5 times a day, I would stick with the Autel case myself. Those zippers are one of my pet peeves...they always jam up when trying to zipper close. A PITA to me.

I'm honestly amazed this forum isn't more active than it is...a tad disappointed actually.
I only have the XSP, and do most of my flying around the house. When going somewhere else, I usually just put the XSP in the back seat, or or in the back of my Honda HRV. I did use the case a couple of weeks ago however, and may start using it more. I agree the zippers can be a pain.

I only have the XSP, and do most of my flying around the house. When going somewhere else, I usually just put the XSP in the back seat, or or in the back of my Honda HRV. I did use the case a couple of weeks ago however, and may start using it more. I agree the zippers can be a pain.

I can't fly near my house easily - I'm less than a mile away from the local regional airport, and less than 5 miles from ONT, which is pretty busy. So I always have at least a 5 mile ride to a place to fly.

I can't fly near my house easily - I'm less than a mile away from the local regional airport, and less than 5 miles from ONT, which is pretty busy. So I always have at least a 5 mile ride to a place to fly.
Kinda blows...but kinda cool as it almost forces you to go to cool places to fly. ;)

Reactions: Bigbit
I actually use the original case still also - I don't have a problem with the zippers, but it is sort of a PITA taking the props off and on, especially since I always use the "training wheels" (prop guards) on every flight, too. If you think having to spin the props on and off for each flight is a pain, manipulating the teeny-tiny screws from each of the LED covers is a veritable nightmare! There are about a dozen more threads on those screws than is really necessary - and they seem to get longer the higher the outside air temperature or the more the sun is beating down on me :D

I like the original case - I can fit virtually everything I need inside of it, except a couple accessories that I carry in a modified tackle box that also serves as a battery warmer in the winter. I wouldn't mind finding something that can hold the XSP fully assembled - in my case, including the guards. It sure would save a lot of time setting up on job sites. On the other hand, the assembly process forces me to inspect everything as I go along, making for a more detailed pre-flight check - so there's value in that, I suppose.
XSP_Boxes.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my question for you all... What else do you keep in your case besides what Autel provides? I have a collection of things, including:

- ND Filter kit
- 3rd party gimbal lock with red warning tag "Remove before flight"
- Leatherman-style all-in-one tool
- Small LED flashlight
- Extra batteries
- Small case with extra Micro SD card and SD card adaptor
- Lightning cable (12") to connect R/C to iPhone
- Hoodman visor and extension
- Extra props, gimbal pin kit and prop wrench

What I don't take with me are the battery charger and documentation. I've got electronic copies of my docs on my phone and tablet, and I always charge my batteries before a trip and have never used up all 4 batteries, so I see no point in lugging a charger along.

All of the above easily fits in the Autel case.

When I ordered my XSP I wound up getting the ruggedized bundle by mistake...whoops. I love the case, albeit not very portable friendly but it is airplane travel friendly for sure. I do keep a few extras in my case:

- Galaxy Tab
- Solar charging pad for phone and tablet
- 4 batteries
- extra USB cables
- full set of spare props
- second controller (still training my 9yo daughter in instructor mode and just in case of emergency)
- spare charger since we don't have a multi charger yet

I'm looking to figure out how to take my backpacking/camping backpack and make it into a carrier for the XSP (this is the only point the mavic has over the XSP with the folding arms). On that note, has anyone taken the landing gear off regularly? That would make it much easier to transport, with some better motor caps than the OEM ones. If Autel made some rotors that collapsed when idle that would go far in the portability arena as well.

I thought I started a thread already but I can't find it. Maybe I deleted it? Don't remember...

Anywho...While I appreciate the Autel Case and think it is absolutely an excellent case for the casual flyer, for the frequent flier, the props need to stay on. So I took my P3S case and used an exacto knife to trim some foam and voila! (I ordered a new case, but until my P3S gets rebuilt, I just use this one).

So, let's see those cases!!! :cool:
View attachment 920 View attachment 921
Here is what I have, got it as a bundled deal. It's Ok and everything fits, but would have now opted for one of multiple battery bundles instead. I have the basic case as well, that I use sometimes.
0c79b56ec50c1efbfb9ca6282392ae87.jpg
96a1303fd2bdf29a2f86f53ebeb8b3bf.jpg
09e10cb0b9c76f2d088f721a315edf0d.jpg
549f3cb4d208cee275c1e3fbb1a361be.jpg
d96fd27ecb10b320fb57c7c5cd195775.jpg
c6fdfa7514bc20089789455e9a52a8fb.jpg
9963b17c7d13595be003590718d26999.jpg
ade82292d40ffa0e70d2460201e04d15.jpg

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bigbit
Cool! What's with the velcro circles on the back of the tablet mount on the remote?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials