Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Let’s take a look at the DJI Mavic Mini leaked specs.

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
The new DJI mini-drone may only weigh 245 grams (!) and may officially be part of the Spark Series. Will the Chinese drone maker call it the Spark 2 after all? Let’s take a look at the DJI Mavic Mini leaked specs.

Wow, that’s pretty impressive considering the size & weight. It’s hard to go 3.1 miles out and back in 17 min. unless you don’t do much when you get out there. It’s a lightweight, so wind is a big factor in range and flight times. Except for sometimes at dawn, I’ve never lived anywhere where there’s no wind very often...

How does the weight compare with Afani?

Wow, that’s pretty impressive considering the size & weight. It’s hard to go 3.1 miles out and back in 17 min. unless you don’t do much when you get out there. It’s a lightweight, so wind is a big factor in range and flight times. Except for sometimes at dawn, I’ve never lived anywhere where there’s no wind very often...

How does the weight compare with Afani?
Well we really do not know for sure if it will come in at 245 grams but if it does it will be 75 grams lighter. I can see people using it for areas you cannot use the bigger quads for since it does not require registration at that weight. Flying near and over people will be one thing.

You will be dissapointed on the impressive range of 100 meters... In all honesty, I believe Drone DJ is shooting in the dark and hoping it sticks and most, if not all specs listed aren't real.

They made these specifications from a few photos taken from a Japanese Agency.

Good points, we really don’t know that much yet....who’s to stop the FAA from eventually lowering the weight limit, changing rules for drones with cameras? If a drone that small and light can shoot 4K/30/12mp, privacy/surveillance issues could creep-in. You could fly it in places you shouldn’t pretty easily...

Reactions: Ansia
Good points, we really don’t know that much yet....who’s to stop the FAA from eventually lowering the weight limit, changing rules for drones with cameras? If a drone that small and light can shoot 4K/30/12mp, privacy/surveillance issues could creep-in. You could fly it in places you shouldn’t pretty easily...
I'd be more worried about the 4x optical zoom on the already existing Mavic 2 Zoom in 1080p@30fps than a lighter weight quad with no optical zoom, which will probably be noisier, too, like the Mavic Air angry bees sound!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller