Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lenses Cleaning

Since my first Pentax Spotmatic SLR in 1971 and many thousands of dollars and a dozen quality cameras and camcorders later, I only use a Q Tip and the fog from my breath. And I don't have a single scratch on any lens or filter to date.

The Q TIp has marvelous qualities for cleaning delicate multi-coated lenses and filters.
• First off its contamination free. Nothing but pure spun cotton on a rolled paper stem.
• The Q Tip reaches to the very edges of the lens or filter glass where any other method leaves a "dirty" rim on the edge of the glass next to the barrel or ring.
• Your breath fog is pure H2O. No chemicals, nothing to create residues, and an instant and unlimited supply always at hand.
• A small ziplock baggie with a dozen Q Tips will fit in even the smallest of camera cases, in your vest, shirt pocket, etc.
• The Q Tip allows you to "scrub" a single difficult spot without any further 'wear n tear' on the remaining surrounding multi-coated surfaces from spreading that contaminant across the glass. You can wear off the multi-coating.
• When cleaning you can easily roll the Q Tip so that you are using a clean cotton surface to collect the contaminates and easily flip to the other end for another quick clean cotton swab to finish the job.
• When you are filming in the rain or around water where droplets occasionally land on the lens, the cotton tip easily and quickly absorbs the droplets individually rather than other methods which smear them all over the glass. And the other end finishes drying the spot clean.
• From the above water point, I can assure you when filming around saltwater which is 3.5% saline and includes a thousand other chemicals, compounds, and contaminants in solution, that stuff just doesn't come off cleanly for me except with my Q Tip and breath.
• The Q Tip is also a great cleaning 'probe' for cleaning the areas around buttons and switches that tend to accumulate grime, grit, and dust that never gets wiped off otherwise. (Like between the keys on your keyboard.)

I have used lens cleaners of all brands and various lens tissues in the very beginning. I learned from my mistakes. It didn't take long to find my magic solution and I've never looked back. Nor will you find any lens solutions or tissues in any of my gear bags.

Reactions: Props McGavin

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58