Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Leg Extenders

Eagle's Eye Photo

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
So this is a request to all those innovative folks with a 3D printer... would love to see someone come up with some sort of extension piece that can be placed on the legs of our Evo II. Doesn't need to be much... with the current distance of the camera on a flat surface, an additional ½ inch of clearance would be fantastic.

Actually have found that these are available at the following site:

Evo II Landing Leg Extension

No interest in them, simply a vendor I found...

I have ordered and I'll report on how they perform.
Cancelled that order, and will be implementing a modification of @DaveMH's solution below.

Last edited:
THX. I was going to make some from PVC pipe. I'm trying to retrofit a payload dropper/release from a Mavick Mini 2 for fishing and fun. I see no reason the clamping mechanism could not be fashioned from heavy duty velcro for the waist of the e2. This is the one I have in mind to try.

I went simple, just added clear plastic tubing with caps. Added just an inch of clearance so would still fit in my case.
Also keep in mind that the antennas are in the legs. Wouldn't want to effect signal.

EVO2 Close 5-9-21.jpg

I went simple, just added clear plastic tubing with caps. Added just an inch of clearance so would still fit in my case.
Also keep in mind that the antennas are in the legs. Wouldn't want to effect signal.

View attachment 10481
@DaveMH, are the antennae in all four legs? Just the front? Will be using your idea, with a small modification. Will post when complete.

Last edited:

View attachment 10481
FYI....I am rather certain that your Lume Cube (top strobe) is located on top of the drone's GPS unit. Might want to consider moving back towards the rear OA sensors. This was suggested to me by Autel's engineer. Love the leg extension idea....thanks for sharing.

Great idea, it got me started with Charlotte PVC Pipe 1/2 inch the back legs I cut the pipe to 2 inch to give me additional 1.235 inch height !
I did not have to go and buy as I found it among other PVC pipes that I had.
These measurements are with Propeller guards on as I would never fly without it for safety.
The front legs being longer I cut my PVC pipe to 2.670 and 10 minutes later I have them done !
I issue being on start powering up the gimbal is almost touching.
The fit is a snug fit and it won't fall off !
It would be even better to find a thinner walled PVC to lessen the weight if you so desire.
Now its time to do the same for my second EVO2 Pro 6K drone, too.

Attachments

• DSC_6220 Sm.jpg
    DSC_6220 Sm.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Reactions: UasDriver
The still from the video looks like a scene from a prison movie... and one of them is not happy ?
Well, this is what I see of the screen shot in your reply about x rated. The unhappy one is not visible. I thought you were referring to the fact that I mentioned DJI in the post. :oops: I merely glanced @ the screen that showed in the link in my post. But the second time looked at the full picture, it looks like turtles mating in an issue of National Geographic! To each his own,.... :p:D;)Image1.jpg

Very similar bur possibly looks a bit more professional, plastic tubing off web, I think it was12mm, slightly tight then heated with hair drier and quickly pushed in place, bit of practice is needed, orange caps off internet as well... needs good search. Floats from swim learner shop as that is another often asked question, and no, plastic tubing on leg wont effect antenna, its only in RH front I believe as well, never a problem, transparent to RF.. Ta

View attachment 10481
20200222_212945.jpg20200222_212945.jpg

Attachments

• 20200621_071313.jpg
    20200621_071313.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20
FYI....I am rather certain that your Lume Cube (top strobe) is located on top of the drone's GPS unit. Might want to consider moving back towards the rear OA sensors. This was suggested to me by Autel's engineer. Love the leg extension idea....thanks for sharing.
Quite the opposite, GPS antenna is located just in front of the ledge (vent). Strobe is mounted forward of GPS antenna. But thanks for advance.

Hi, yes wfish is correct, GPS is further forward, however since the pic I have fitted and moved all the strobes as front ones were sometimes being picked up by the camera in low light, best place front seems to be on arms, close to body so the body blocks light to camera, the 2 is more difficult than my 1 to find a good place that doesn't do above or interfere with sensors.. will do latest pic and upload when get time.. velcro def best as keeps strobe closer to body... Cheers

Yes, I believe it was 3/8. Been a while
Must be 1/2" ID or you cannot get enough purchase on the OEM leg measured @ 12.7 mm to keep them stuck on. Heat one end with hair drier. Cut to length after mounting. So here's my typical life metrics. I go to Lowes and the only EMPTY bin is the 1/2" tubing. Yards upon yards of any other size. ??

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghost183