Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Left joystick failure

rkymtnflyer

Reaction score
Hi fellas, long time no talk.
I went to fly my bird the other day and when I tried to initiate the rotors the left joystick popped loose and dropped partially inside the remote. It looks like the cradle that holds the joystick popped loose from the inside of the remote body. Has anyone else had this happen? More importantly, can anyone tell me how to open up the remote?
I reached out to Autel earlier this week but it’s been crickets. I’m assuming that’s Covid19 related as they’re usually very good at communicating.

I had the exact same thing, same stick. Fortunately for me it was pre-pandemic so I got it back in about 10 days. Autel just gave me a new controller, they didn’t bother repairing the broken one. I still had to send in the entire drone, though. It was still under warranty at that time.

Reactions: rkymtnflyer
I had the exact same thing, same stick. Fortunately for me it was pre-pandemic so I got it back in about 10 days. Autel just gave me a new controller, they didn’t bother repairing the broken one. I still had to send in the entire drone, though. It was still under warranty at that time.
I never heard back from Autel! I’m bummed as they’re usually very responsive.
I couldn’t wait, so I ended up opening the remote and using a small bit of high strength hot glue to secure the joystick. Seems to be working, but I’m sure I’ve invalidated any warranty that may exist.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles