Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Left controller knob broken or user error?

konoplya

Reaction score
I use Mode 2 config on my controller. Left knob controls the altitude and yaw and right controls back/forth movements. Here's the problem I'm experiencing. When I pan the Evo to the right with the left knob, I can control how fast or slow I can pan. However, when I try to pan to the left, the slightest touch, no matter how little, spins the drone super fast. I've tried EXP settings and other settings as well and it doesn't seem to do anything. Every time I pan to the left its like the knob doesn't recognize the pressure I'm applying and just goes full speed. The precision mode seems to work somewhat decently, but still doesn't work as smooth when I pan to the right. Any suggestions or should I be calling Autel about this? Only had the drone for 2 weeks or so. Thanks!

I started getting erratic response in the left stick to the point where I got scared to fly it. However, in my case it was mainly in the up-down control action, not yaw. Also the stick began to feel sloppy like it was getting loose internally. Autel said send it back and, after I did, they just sent me a new controller rather than repair the broken unit. It was still in warranty so no charge. I got it back in 10 days.

Reactions: konoplya
Did you do a controller calibration?

i've done that several times prior to posting this with no luck. however, today, i ran calibration 3 times then tested the drone and it seems to work fine now. very strange.

i've done that several times prior to posting this with no luck. however, today, i ran calibration 3 times then tested the drone and it seems to work fine now. very strange.
Sometimes it happens. I would run it by Autel if you still have warranty.

I started getting erratic response in the left stick to the point where I got scared to fly it. However, in my case it was mainly in the up-down control action, not yaw. Also the stick began to feel sloppy like it was getting loose internally. Autel said send it back and, after I did, they just sent me a new controller rather than repair the broken unit. It was still in warranty so no charge. I got it back in 10 days.
Hey Waverider, Just curious, did Autle want you to send in the drone for a controller repair? They wanted the drone and controller when I sent my controller in for a fan replacement.

Yes they wanted both the drone and controller. They sent me a Fed Ex label to ship it all, then returned it 10 days later with a new controller. So, no shipping cost to me and no complaints.

Reactions: konoplya

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d