Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Leaving Autel

oschnippering

Reaction score
hey guys, just wanted to make a quick post saying that I will be leaving the Autel community today. About 6 months ago my precious x-star premium's camera stopped working for no reason. No crashes, no broken ribbon cable, nothing. I did everything that I read about on the forums and everything that autels pathetic customer service had to offer. On and off in the past 6 months I have looked for answers and a solution to get my drone back in service. However, something was different this time, I had an urge inside me to destroy the useless piece of garbage by smashing it repeatedly on the ground as hard as I possibly could. While my drone is now in a bunch of pieces and it will never fly again, it works just as well as it did before I destroyed it. I am going to sell the 3 batteries that I have, the controller, charger, and props on eBay and will build a drone myself. I find the lack of support from Autel despicable and the complete lack of parts which is the cause for these drones to become expensive paperweights. I will never purchase another Autel drone in my life and I eagerly look forward to the day they file for bankruptcy.IMG_9989.jpeg

Reactions: dman
I'm just starting out with an Evo ll pro

I'm happy today and hope that is the way I stay, I'm sure there is more good posts than bad posts, so I have hope for the future

Best wishes
Paul

Still have the batteries? I too have found absolutely NO help from customer support and was basically told to keep mine with no working batteries now and purchase the EVO 1 for $699!!! I had to laugh.. I told them why would I waste my money on a company that doesn't support their loyal customers?? How long before that beatty gets discontinued and we have no other source of getting one to replace it!!! Sorry for the rant but I have a perfect low hour drone with bad batteries!! I will either find batteries or hopefully find someone on here to sell mine to. I would like to fool myself and think Autel cares but unfortunately I don't feel that is the case!!! Thanks!!

Sorry..if you do have batteries you can contact me at 330-931-1440...or if your in the market for a like new drone with bad batteries

I can understand your frustration. I have TWO X-star premiums. One brand new, never flown. What good are they with no way to purchase new batteries. The first $350 gets both!!!
I can’t stand DJI but at least you can get parts for them . Autel was very good with support and spare parts but those days are gone. Bye Autel

Completely understand. They will force the EVO1 into obsolescence by not providing anymore batteries as well, which it total bs.

Reactions: oschnippering
Lol....apparently NO ONE there cares ..spoke to a "manager " there and basically to sum it up...sorry for your luck if you don't want the EVO1 for the discounted price of $699 to make up for the battery issues everyone is experiencing!!! Well how nice of them!!!

After being told I was SOL with getting replacement batteries being that I was a good customer they would give me 10% off list price on a new evo!!!!!!
Stick it !!!!
I can’t wait to get my Mavic Air. It seems like it is light years ahead of Autel.

After being told I was SOL with getting replacement batteries being that I was a good customer they would give me 10% off list price on a new evo!!!!!!
Stick it !!!!
I can’t wait to get my Mavic Air. It seems like it is light years ahead of Autel.

Don't be so sure......DJI is pretty horrible too; I came to Autel once I got tired of DJI's oppression (geofencing, nannying, forced sign ups, endless popups, forced geofencing database updates, etc. etc). Technology wise DJI is far ahead of Autel; but the completely oppressive restrictions that DJI places on what you can do and where you can fly your own drone makes them a horrible alternative to Autel.

I get everyone's frustration but you have to keep in mind that these drones are completely disposable and have a maximum lifespan of 3yrs....not just due to crashes but also due to planned obsolescence; the industry is in its infancy and drone makers (all of them) are putting profits ahead of all else in a bid to survive.

DJI has a stranglehold on the industry, new regulations that threaten the very future of all consumer grade drones are popping up all over the world, and there is no guarantee that any of us will even still be allowed to fly (at least not in the USA) 5yrs from now. I am by no means excusing DJI or Autel's horrible customer support, but when you look at it like that you figure out pretty quickly that you are on your own with pretty much any drone you buy.

I never buy a single accessory that I don't need for my drones and I immediately sell them within 2 months of a newer model coming out; this way I can always get batteries and parts for them. No drone is a long term purchase and can't be looked at as such.

Reactions: AirStreamPictures
hey guys, just wanted to make a quick post saying that I will be leaving the Autel community today. About 6 months ago my precious x-star premium's camera stopped working for no reason. No crashes, no broken ribbon cable, nothing. I did everything that I read about on the forums and everything that autels pathetic customer service had to offer. On and off in the past 6 months I have looked for answers and a solution to get my drone back in service. However, something was different this time, I had an urge inside me to destroy the useless piece of garbage by smashing it repeatedly on the ground as hard as I possibly could. While my drone is now in a bunch of pieces and it will never fly again, it works just as well as it did before I destroyed it. I am going to sell the 3 batteries that I have, the controller, charger, and props on eBay and will build a drone myself. I find the lack of support from Autel despicable and the complete lack of parts which is the cause for these drones to become expensive paperweights. I will never purchase another Autel drone in my life and I eagerly look forward to the day they file for bankruptcy.View attachment 9979
Have almost brand new x star but bad weak batteries, flew few times, got side tracked, now batteries won't charge can sell , make offer. Lv text 928-304-3886

Whoa...someone has some anger issues. "I had an urge inside me to destroy...". Good luck with those urges in the future. You may want to talk to a professional. www.talkspace.com
some day you will find yourself trying to fix something that frustrates you enough to make you want to destroy it. when that day comes, you will understand why i did what i did. and to be completely honest, it felt great

some day you will find yourself trying to fix something that frustrates you enough to make you want to destroy it. when that day comes, you will understand why i did what i did. and to be completely honest, it felt great
I'm 53. Pretty sure I've had many frustrating days in my life. Never have wanted to destroy my own property. Not everyone is the same man.

I'm 53. Pretty sure I've had many frustrating days in my life. Never have wanted to destroy my own property. Not everyone is the same man.
Never wanted to chuck a wrench? Or hit a printer with a hammer when it won’t print black and white because it’s out of cyan? Or wanted to take out your anger at your boss on your laptop? If not, I want whatever mood stabilizers you’re on

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy