Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Latest app-version V1.1.8.25 let me down...

MartinSky

Reaction score
Just came back from a mission and I'm very disappointed; for nearly 2 years I fly an Autel 2 pro 6K with great results and without any problem. But since I upgraded the app to the version V1.1.8.25, I encounter more and more problems.
A week ago I did some flights and wanted to use the very handy "Smart Orbit". It was impossible; I could not indicate my wanted target, the app always returned to Manual Flight. I thought, ok, I'll see some later as I was in a hurry. But today I went into the fields and tried some missions. And again, the "Smart Orbit" would NOT respond, I could NOT engage this mission.
Also, after one panorama, the drone went into 'stitching mode' but also stayed in this mode. I had no more image transmission. I landed the drone and returned to base. And, after returning home, i turned out that the drone took the 12 pano images but performed NO stitching!!!!! I never encountered that before.

Can I return to the previous app-version? And what about the drone-version then?
Thanks - Martin (Camp de Beverloo)

Just came back from a mission and I'm very disappointed; for nearly 2 years I fly an Autel 2 pro 6K with great results and without any problem. But since I upgraded the app to the version V1.1.8.25, I encounter more and more problems.
A week ago I did some flights and wanted to use the very handy "Smart Orbit". It was impossible; I could not indicate my wanted target, the app always returned to Manual Flight. I thought, ok, I'll see some later as I was in a hurry. But today I went into the fields and tried some missions. And again, the "Smart Orbit" would NOT respond, I could NOT engage this mission.
Also, after one panorama, the drone went into 'stitching mode' but also stayed in this mode. I had no more image transmission. I landed the drone and returned to base. And, after returning home, i turned out that the drone took the 12 pano images but performed NO stitching!!!!! I never encountered that before.

Can I return to the previous app-version? And what about the drone-version then?
Thanks - Martin (Camp de Beverloo)
From my own point of view (use a Nano+) everything you've written sounds SOOO familiar - I've read about these 'glitches' occurring with the Lite series as well as the Nano's - my own bird goes through all the right motions but fails to spit out a stitched pano JPG. Looks like this could be firmware problems that cross the EXPLORER/SKY app borders.

Reactions: MartinSky
My Evo II Pro has never been able to hold center in an orbit mission. I had an old 3DR Solo and it orbited perfectly every time. I like my Evo II Pro but the missions are a pain at best.

Reactions: parkgt
My Evo II Pro has never been able to hold center in an orbit mission. I had an old 3DR Solo and it orbited perfectly every time. I like my Evo II Pro but the missions are a pain at best.
My Evo II Pro always handled every mission nearly perfectly, never gave me a problem. Until the very recent app-update. The problems started with the first flights after the update: wanted to perform a smart orbit but was unable to get my target locked. This weekend I went out on a mission and encountered the same problem(s). Even worse, I wanted to shoot a panorama and got stuck with a frozen screen. Also afterwards it turned out that the drone did not stitch the pano at all; just took the 12 images and froze. Luckily she responded to te RTH-function.
Really want to return to the app-situation before the latest update.

Reactions: jamess336
Very familiar to me
went out today and tried the Waypoint Mission: flew 5 waypoint missions, each the exact same route; same waypoint but with different altitudes and different camera-angles: flawless! All went super smooth and without problems. Also after each mission RTH in a very correct way.
Will retry the Smart Orbit soon.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
UPDATE: flew today three missions: one waypoint and two rectangular preplanned missions. Everything went extremely well and the EVO 2 pro performed very good.
Only... the Smart Orbit won't engage. I started it, drew the rectangular around a building and the app exited this mission. Tried this several times. My target was an isolated building, very obvious and very visible from the air, but I could NOT start the Smart Orbit...

AUTEL... please FIX these smart missions! I really need these! Get the app fixed again!
-M-

Reactions: edgardcafe
UPDATE: flew today four missions: one waypoint and three rectangular preplanned missions; all afterwards succesfully executed by WEBODB. Everything went extremely well and the EVO 2 pro performed very good.
Only... once again...the Smart Orbit won't engage. I started it, drew the rectangular around a building and the app exited this mission. Tried this again several times. My target was obvious and clearly visible from the air, but I could NOT start the Smart Orbit... It started a couple of times but after 3 - 4 seconds it quitted on me.
Flew the standard orbit (set center - set distance to center and start): no problem - executed flawlessly.

AUTEL... please FIX these smart missions! I really need these! Get the app fixed again!
-M-

Over the weekend i took out the Evo Pro 6k V1, planned to use the viewpoint Intelligent mode. once selected, the viewpoint would then crash, and return back to the Manual Flight Mode.. has any one come across this issue before. I'm using the the latest firmware V1.1.8.25 on an Huawei tablet..

Over the weekend i took out the Evo Pro 6k V1, planned to use the viewpoint Intelligent mode. once selected, the viewpoint would then crash, and return back to the Manual Flight Mode.. has any one come across this issue before. I'm using the the latest firmware V1.1.8.25 on an Huawei tablet..
exactly what I encountered with the EVO 2 pro. Tried it again yesterday - same result: the viewpoint immediately crashed and back to the Manual Flight Mode. Very ennoying!
PS: I have the app installed on a Tripltek 8" pro tablet.

Hello, is it known if Autel will solve the problems of version V. 2.7.35? because automatic missions like panoramic and orbit don't do them and it crashes and it's a pain. Greetings to all.

What happened to me is that I updated whenever the application asked me to, considering that it would be normal but I was wrong, now I don't know if reverting the firmware could fix the problem or it would be worse. If anyone has information on how to fix this, please tell us how, thanks.

What happened to me is that I updated whenever the application asked me to, considering that it would be normal but I was wrong, now I don't know if reverting the firmware could fix the problem or it would be worse. If anyone has information on how to fix this, please tell us how, thanks.

I have had to learn the hard way that with drones DJI or Autel, you don't update the app or the FW if the current problems are nothing that prevent the drone from doing what you need it to do.

Reactions: GeekOnTheWing
Any fix for these guys? Today I just realized that my phone not in airplane mode before turn on the drone then the FW seems directly updated.
I need to create hyperlapse both in manual and orbit, but soon the mode started, it back to Manual Mode.
Any chance to back to older FW?

Any fix for these guys? Today I just realized that my phone not in airplane mode before turn on the drone then the FW seems directly updated.
I need to create hyperlapse both in manual and orbit, but soon the mode started, it back to Manual Mode.
Any chance to back to older FW?

You can try rolling back but it might be too late. I have a fix for this as well; I use an iPad mini dedicated tablet that never leaves airplane mode. It doesn't even have my WiFi credentials.

Reactions: GeekOnTheWing

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t