Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Landing with my XStar Pro

eyeman56

Reaction score
Since I took my Autel XStar Pro out of beginner mode, I am having a heck of a time landing. The decent seems to be faster. Today I was landing on grass and each of the four times I touched down, the drone flipped on its head. The props were fine. Do I need to go down super slow before I toe in the sticks? Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help

Do not toe in the sticks. That is the old way of doing it. You just need to pull the one stick straight down and it will land just fine and shut the motors off a second or two later.

Like Agustine said, use only the left stick. Input from the right stick causes it to move horizontally & thereby encourages flops when the legs touch.

I had the same problem. Augstine told me to get down close and then let it hover for a bit when it settles down then pull the left stick down works for me.

yup, don't toe it, just let it shut down... depending on the wind, no matter what you do, it might still fall over..

Since I took my Autel XStar Pro out of beginner mode, I am having a heck of a time landing. The decent seems to be faster. Today I was landing on grass and each of the four times I touched down, the drone flipped on its head. The props were fine. Do I need to go down super slow before I toe in the sticks? Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help

07/22/2018: So I charged two batteries and took off and landed 4-5 times with everyones suggestions "in hand" and I nailed each landing with no tip overs. Thanks for everyone's help :)
eyeman56

07/22/2018: So I charged two batteries and took off and landed 4-5 times with everyones suggestions "in hand" and I nailed each landing with no tip overs. Thanks for everyone's help :)
eyeman56
I was gonna suggest to get a helmet for the drones head ))
Happy it’s working for ya now....

Pssssst, it's a Premium not a Pro. ;)
Glad it's landing good now!!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy