Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Landing in high winds

xval

Reaction score
Yesterday I went through 3 batteries with new beta app and firmware. No problems, except on the last location in open area the wind on ground level was really strong. Hard to tell exact speed, the strongest I flew so far. On landing after touch down props didn't stop as usual. Evo was sort of balancing. I moved both sticks to the close bottom position, this should kill the motors immediately. Almost, but before that for a short moment Evo leaned on one side and two props scratched the ground. They probably can be reused with some shaping and balancing. I'll replace them anyway. Don't want to take chances.

Lesson learned. Now on I'll do hand landing in high winds. Just grab it in the middle and roll for more than 90 degree, this will stop the motors. The same as DJI.

PS: in one day two unrelated persons showed interest and told me they want to buy a drone. Probably I should start giving associated links ;)

Reactions: drrags
I always hand land to avoid potential damage to the drone and especially the camera / gimbal from unexpected "events". No big deal. Then I also don't need to carry a ground pad. I take off from top of the carrying case.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials