Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Landing gear?

I can see why it could useful on rougher terrain but adding anything to the Nano+ takes it over the 250g category and introduces a whole slew of legislation that can otherwise be avoided.

I've thought about floats though - just in case of problems over water

bad idea; waste of money. use a good landing pad.

although in the usa, going over 250g changes exactly none of the rules/laws for drone so that's not a factor over here.

imo landing gear is so unnecessary and so are floats.

Good idea!
I use a 3D-printed landing gear on my Hubsan Zino Mini SE and find it quite useful, as I don't have to carry two items while walking or hiking.
I would like one on my Evo Nano Plus, too!
Even _with_ my landing pad I often have problems with the gimbal touching the pad while initialising.

I found 4 8"x8" squares of thin plexiglas can be gaffer-taped together to make a foldable landing pad that is stiff enough to prevent the gimbal-bump I encounter with my flexible pads, but still fits into my backpack when folded.

Reactions: Oskar Ohm
bad idea; waste of money. use a good landing pad.

although in the usa, going over 250g changes exactly none of the rules/laws for drone so that's not a factor over here.

imo landing gear is so unnecessary and so are floats.
I was just now searching online to find landing gear for the Evo Nano, and found nothing, as this thread reflects is unfortunately the case.

I had a situation last year where I discovered an "unexpected" value of landing gear.
I was hiking on a trail where the terrain sloped uphill. Try as I might I didn't easily find a vegetation-free spot that was reasonably flat, on which to set my landing pad. I put the landing pad down on somewhat sloped terrain and put my DJI Mini 3 on it, and started up the motor. Very abruptly, the drone shut down with an error message. Because it sat so low to the ground, when I started the motor, the propellers on front part of the drone actually hit the landing pad, which shut down the drone.
I had to fiddle around a bit before I could reset things and started again, this time using a stray piece of wood to prop up under the low side of the landing pad to make the pad more level.

So, this is one of the main reasons I use landing gear: to help avoid propellers accidentally hitting the landing pad.

Reactions: Mmoguls
I was just now searching online to find landing gear for the Evo Nano, and found nothing, as this thread reflects is unfortunately the case.

I had a situation last year where I discovered an "unexpected" value of landing gear.
I was hiking on a trail where the terrain sloped uphill. Try as I might I didn't easily find a vegetation-free spot that was reasonably flat, on which to set my landing pad. I put the landing pad down on somewhat sloped terrain and put my DJI Mini 3 on it, and started up the motor. Very abruptly, the drone shut down with an error message. Because it sat so low to the ground, when I started the motor, the propellers on front part of the drone actually hit the landing pad, which shut down the drone.
I had to fiddle around a bit before I could reset things and started again, this time using a stray piece of wood to prop up under the low side of the landing pad to make the pad more level.

So, this is one of the main reasons I use landing gear: to help avoid propellers accidentally hitting the landing pad.
i just learn to hand land and hand launch for those rare times when i find i must fly the drone under less than ideal conditions.

If you need longer legs to land safely then just add them I say. Upon landing it is in any Woofos Safety interest that your drone doesnt cartwheel into them. So >249g is just BS.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg