Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

L.O.S. PROBLEMS

ronwhet

Reaction score
Very new at this yet but I was experiencing L.O.S. problems before and after loading 2.0 firmware. What has seemed to have fixed my problem was the purchase of a short braided USB cable made for drones. Got mine from Best Buy for about 18 bucks. I had been using a 6 ft. USB which was not shielded and I think it may have been acting as a antenna picking up lots of interference.

ovrszd

Reaction score
That's possible I guess. I've heard others say they tried different cables with no change. I would think if a cable change was the fix Autel would be supplying sich a cable. But I'm new too so I don't know. As you use your drone more report back with your results. Thanks!!

Agustine

Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of people swear by Anker cables. So far the one that came with my x-star works just fine but if it ever wears out I will look into a better quality one.

Reactions: fundy

ronwhet

Reaction score
That's possible I guess. I've heard others say they tried different cables with no change. I would think if a cable change was the fix Autel would be supplying sich a cable. But I'm new too s for o I don't know. As you use your drone more report back with your results. Thanks!!
Thanks for the reply, I will report any changes

ovrszd

Reaction score
A lot of people swear by Anker cables. So far the one that came with my x-star works just fine but if it ever wears out I will look into a better quality one.
Me too. I never unplug it from the RC. Store in the case with it plugged in. Can't confirm that means anything..... ;)

Reactions: fundy

Flying skymaster

Reaction score
Interesting subject, emi. I ordered a 12 inch anker and will check it out. I have access to some overbraid we use on some of our aircraft wiring that is sensitive to interference and might even slide some of that over it .Also , every cable has some degree of loss that increases with length. Longer is not good . I have had pixelated video as close as 150 yards. ?? Due to populated area I live in and fear of accidentally hurting someone, I really want to invest in a Mars parachute although that would get hung up in trees.

Normex

Reaction score
I have an Anker cable and it works well but I don't like having the USB stick out to the rear, but I found a 90 deg USB and Mini Usb connector as a coiled cable. It is certified for data and charging. I have tried it in the house with the RC and XSP both powered and it connected fast. Looks promising but before I test it further I want to finish other tests concerning quality of
connections whether video or with RC and XSP with the Anker cable. In the pic you see how neat and compact arrangement with the coil portion.

Attachments

Normex

Reaction score
I flew this morning with the coiled 90 deg cable and I'm happy to report it went well as I broke my last distance record and maybe could even have gone further, I am uploading the flight to YouTube
then to the Agricultural video thread.

ovrszd

Reaction score
I flew this morning with the coiled 90 deg cable and I'm happy to report it went well as I broke my last distance record and maybe could even have gone further, I am uploading the flight to YouTube
then to the Agricultural video thread.

Nice. I may have to try one.

Looking forward to your video!!!

ronwhet

Reaction score
That's possible I guess. I've heard others say they tried different cables with no change. I would think if a cable change was the fix Autel would be supplying sich a cable. But I'm new too so I don't know. As you use your drone more report back with your results. Thanks!!
n

Been 10 days now with the new cable, have flown almost everyday without any L.O.S. problems.

Reactions: Bigbit

Normex

Reaction score
Good show Ron, it pays to try new ways to do things that many are afraid to try.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeritol