Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Just noticed crack on body near arm

Bigdz

Reaction score
I never crashed and I’ll be honest I haven’t flown this bird, as much as I do my other drones and already (some how) I have a crack on the body near the arm. I’ll be calling Autel tomorrow to open a claim. I would advice the rest of you to check your bird!
C8EAADD1-2DA2-495D-8C42-6F8A2FFED7D7.jpeg

EC31FE62-3302-46CE-B8F1-58A8B125DE98.jpeg

don't worry much. orange plastic is just a dust cover. you can remove it completely and fly.

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
I had it too. Looks to be about the same spot. I also had hairline cracks on each side of the body near the SD and USB ports. Autel replaced the body under warranty when I had it in for other reasons. Yes, I understand it’s cosmetic, but with gentle handling for the $$$$ this shouldn’t be acceptable.

Reactions: TravisPNW and Bigdz
Cracking is a common thing on drones. I have seen it happen to Yuneec drones and if you check the Mavicpilot forums its loaded with posts about DJI products cracking. No one wants their investment to crack but it does happen to all the brands.

It's getting fixed and this is certainly not common on the drones I've had and have( that's BS). I'll send it off to Autel, have it repaired and put it up for sale, ASAP!

Last edited:
It's getting fixed and this is certainly not common on the drones I've had and have( that's BS). I'll send it off to Autel, have it repaired and put it up for sale, ASAP!
Well thats totally up to you but if you research cracks on the shells it is very common. Right from the early days of of the X-Star, Phantom series and Typhoon 500 drones which I have seen personally so if you decide to go with another brand the chances are pretty good sometime down the road you might run into the same problem.

i would not send the drone in it will take you about a month to get it back, i bought a replacement shell about a month ago and it just sitting there.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
i would not send the drone in it will take you about a month to get it back, i bought a replacement shell about a month ago and it just sitting there.
I am fine with it going back, I have 3 other birds I use for commercial and hobby flights. Along with 4 FPV quads. Believe me when I tell you it will not be missed!

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
I had it too. Looks to be about the same spot. I also had hairline cracks on each side of the body near the SD and USB ports. Autel replaced the body under warranty when I had it in for other reasons. Yes, I understand it’s cosmetic, but with gentle handling for the $$$$ this shouldn’t be acceptable.
Hopefully, they didn't replace your bird with another. I told them I wanted my drone back.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d