Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Just finished the TRUST (recreational flyer test)

kenautelevo2pro

Reaction score
"Congratulations! You've completed The Recreational UAS Safety Test on Jun 22, 2021 6:23 PM."

got every single question correct. four sections each section has about 5 to 7 simple questions. took it online at uavcoach.

took about 15 minutes. I'm a fast reader so most of the test is reading pages of material that will be used to answer the questions. you already know this so it's more like skimming than reading.

if you spend any amount of time here on this forum or flying drones at home, you'll pass. print it out.

I hate this but we gotta do it. for the record, totally for safety and following the rules and keep it orderly.

I'll leave it at that.

The way it's set up; everyone passes. Their goal is to educate. Anyone who has studied for the 107 cert will breeze right through this one which is focused on 400 AGL, VLOS, Controlled Airspace and the way to get authorized to fly in it along with TFR's. The basics.

My pilot school stated not to take the quiz and they would report back to all students soon.

The test was relatively a breeze (100% right is assured the first time for anyone who's been flying R/C any length of time, I'd expect), but the web navigation hit "oops! something went wrong. Try again later" pages several times--57 pages in and concerning me I'd have to start all over again!-- though a simple screen reload brought me back to where I was. Easy-peasy

Reactions: AutelTN
I questioned the quiz with the company I attended my 107 course with and this is what the reply stated.
Apparently, according to everything I've read so far, pretty much everyone who flies any remote controlled flying object needs to take this easy course and quiz if they ever fly for recreation. I think it's the FAA's way of making sure everyone without exception understands these basic rules even though 107 pilots know all this stuff and far more.

Apparently, according to everything I've read so far, pretty much everyone who flies any remote controlled flying object needs to take this easy course and quiz if they ever fly for recreation. I think it's the FAA's way of making sure everyone without exception understands these basic rules even though 107 pilots know all this stuff and far more.
For pilots of aircraft weight 250 grams or higher.

I believe the argument that 107 pilots will make is they have already been quizzed and examined on the law and everything included in this test. and passed. is the faa asking them to take it twice?

For pilots of aircraft weight 250 grams or higher.
from what I have read and heard, the recreational test is for ALL drone regardless of weight. less than 250g pilot no longer get to fly with zero contact from the faa. imo, this makes "no registration" a moot point, i.e. it is pointless.

sad that people would blindly follow along with these unconstitutional dictates from the FAA. They have ZERO authority over drones at the federal level. Nope its far past time we as a community tell the FAA to take a hike on this.

from what I have read and heard, the recreational test is for ALL drone regardless of weight. less than 250g pilot no longer get to fly with zero contact from the faa. imo, this makes "no registration" a moot point, i.e. it is pointless.
nope still not going to register my mini 2 and draw attention to me and most certainly wont register my larger drones either as the FAA has no authority to require any of it.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials