Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Issue Trying To Update Firmware

SteveQuinn

Reaction score
I have placed X3P_FW_900M_V2.0.12.bin file onto a SD card and placed that in my drone. Then it began to update.

It said that it was successful so I removed the battery ready to do it a further 3 times and lights flash yellow then continue to constantly beep and all 4 corners are flashing red.

The gimbal moves when I first switch it on.

The controller says "Connect your aircraft".
When I click any button it says "Invalid command".

Last edited:
So let me see if I have this straight. You updated the firmware and it went fine. From what I gather you had more batteries that needed updating so you tried to update those but now the tx controller is not connecting to the X-Star. Is this correct?
Have you tried to rebind the controller to the X-Star?

I put the SD card in to the drone and according to the little LCD screen on the controller it updated.

I removed a battery and placed a new one in that was fully charged.

I removed the - old extension from the bin file.

Placed the card back in.

Then it started beeping and all 4 lights are flashing red.

Pressing any button on the controller causes the LCD screen to say "Invalid command" below where it says "Connect your aircraft".

I have tried to since the error yes.

I pressed the rebind button on the drone and also pressed the 2 buttons on the controller but it hasn't changed anything.

Hi,

I have issues, it will not update the flight control, all lights flash red, it chirps constantly...... then displays update fail. I have contacted the help and they want me to send it in.... I am in Australia. Any ideas? all else has updated OK. I have attempted the update MANY times.

Cheers

Andrew

After reading these posts I’m hesitant to update my firmware. Should I just stay with what I have. I don’t push it to the limit or do commercial photography. What does everyone think ? I also see there is an update to the Starlink app too.

After reading these posts I’m hesitant to update my firmware. Should I just stay with what I have. I don’t push it to the limit or do commercial photography. What does everyone think ? I also see there is an update to the Starlink app too.

Are you happy with what you have going right now? If so then if it is not broke don't fix it. No one on here can tell you to update. This is your choice. If I said ya update and something went wrong who you going to blame? I'm not going there sorry. I updated and glad I did is all i can say. My X-Star improved greatly, not perfect but one hell of a lot better then it was.
Like I said the choice is yours to make.

I have two questions, I have had my XSP since 7/16. Today three things happened, first I could not calibrate the compass and I was in a park where I have flown many times before with no issues. There are no metal objects around. Two I message came up saying there is new firmware available. Should I update ? I’m kind of Leary after reading some of these posts. I updated the firmware maybe four months ago. Lastly I was flying at about 300 feet at max speed and max climb for about 10 seconds, all of a sudden the battery went from 89% to 3% and it started to land. I got it down ok but what’s up with that ? I will add a picture of the battery screen. Can you still get batteries? I have a brand new XSP still in the case with the plastic wrap on it, I don’t know if I should keep it or sell it with the state of Autel now. Thanks for reading my rambling post. I do really like my XSP but reading about the lack of support worries me !

Attachments

• 22D5BBEE-8F12-4F8D-A594-343BBDB9557B.jpeg
    22D5BBEE-8F12-4F8D-A594-343BBDB9557B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • 172052AA-A8C1-47C4-9B23-6E36A88D06B0.jpeg
    172052AA-A8C1-47C4-9B23-6E36A88D06B0.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 176E8E77-9E51-4562-AEA2-BECE32C4E79C.jpeg
    176E8E77-9E51-4562-AEA2-BECE32C4E79C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8

Latest threads

Members online