Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

ISO EVO 2 Pro or 8k

nh phantom

Reaction score
Well I sent back my 8k to amazon when the s t hit the fan about the smart controllers. Now that the controllers are being shipped I am looking for a new aircraft. Dont need the bundle as I still have 2 batteries. I will buy the case from
Advexure when I get the controller. So If anyone sees a deal, let me know. Amazon had a $400 coupon last week but gone now. maybe will return after Prime Day LOL

we'll look out for a great deal for you, seems they come and go weekly these days.

btw, what's a great deal? you mentioned that you sent back your 8k to amazon, what did you pay for it, what is a good deal?

obviously you are looking to buy the v2, right?

no v1. smart controller wont work with v2 right?

Think I paid 1699 with 3 batteries rugged kit dont remember really
I've seen basic kit 1 battery no case for 1499 plus a coupon for 400 so $1099

A member posted $1156 for a Pro I would buy that. But no longer available on amazon

no v1. smart controller wont work with v2 right?

Think I paid 1699 with 3 batteries rugged kit dont remember really
I've seen basic kit 1 battery no case for 1499 plus a coupon for 400 so $1099

A member posted $1156 for a Pro I would buy that. But no longer available on amazon
sorry I thought you heard about the shtf and you sent everything back and cancelled all. yes if you are getting a v1 sc, you'll need to get a v1 drone. maybe it's a good thing you sent back your amazon purchase since I personally believe the v1 drone market has a little bit lower to go and the $1200 price point is a reality and will pop up again if you can wait. there are enough people who don't want v1 products at this point.

I have a new in box basic kit and an extra rugged case. I would let the kit and case go for $1450. (The case does have a little foam damage as a pet chewed on one of the battery slots)

The sales do not smell very good, I am starting to feel the end of the Evo 2 in favor of the future Evo 3 and as it will not be compatible (especially at the radio transmission level), purchases must be done with caution.
In Autel's logic, the X-Star was no longer tracked after Evo 1. Evo 1 was no longer tracked after Evo 2. Evo 2 will not be ..... ... (guess the rest) ...
On these occasions, Autel was never a good horse.
Dji has never given up on tracking his devices, or at least not so quickly.

The sales do not smell very good, I am starting to feel the end of the Evo 2 in favor of the future Evo 3 and as it will not be compatible (especially at the radio transmission level), purchases must be done with caution.
In Autel's logic, the X-Star was no longer tracked after Evo 1. Evo 1 was no longer tracked after Evo 2. Evo 2 will not be ..... ... (guess the rest) ...
On these occasions, Autel was never a good horse.
Dji has never given up on tracking his devices, or at least not so quickly.
That’s why I feel there will be decent sales soon

Perhaps, but with devices that will no longer be electronically repairable.

^claudius, we simply don't know for sure if that's the case. my guess is the drone is 95% repairable and only the 5% due to the change in chipset will trigger a complete replacement of the drone instead of a repair. as a consumer, I should not be concerned with how or if they repair my warranted device as long as I get a working replacement unit back UNLESS I am impacted by a smart controller or livedeck.

all repair requests should be sent to autel including a drone and a standard remote controller and I 100% guarantee you they will not send back a mismatch.

hope this helps. I agree with the phantom, at this point, a v1 purchase is not an unwise decision from what we know.

Yes, and where is the photo of the smartcontroller?
on all the photos of the page and of the different versions, we only see the photo of the normal radio and not of this famous Smartcontroller.
It's an ad that smacks of hoax.

I just checked on Amazon before to post in here, and I have found this deal but is for 8k. I have bought my Evo2 Pro from this seller.

Autel Robotics EVO 2 Quadcopter UAV - EVO II Series Drone, 3-Axis Gimbal 8K Camera with 48MP 1/2"CMOS Sensor(1-8x Digital Zoom/7680x4320 Video Resolution) 40mins Max Flight Time with Smart Controller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KXST16C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_HWA31C2EEECT6HTT8FXJ
That is for a used one. I bought a use one from amazon and it came with a broken leg. sent back
I've seen new on amazon for less than that just last week (1099)

Yes, and where is the photo of the smartcontroller?
on all the photos of the page and of the different versions, we only see the photo of the normal radio and not of this famous Smartcontroller.
It's an ad that smacks of hoax.
even without the picture of all the included items, it is written all over the ad the details of the remote controller and included is a regular standard rc and not the new smartcontroller. most of us know that but obviously not everyone will catch that. the ad's title was changed to be deceptive, hoping to make a sell knowing that if anyone was unhappy could return it, no harm no foul.

last month, NONE of the listings said "smart controller" but now that one is available, "let's see how many people fall for it." the standard rc is pretty smart with a build-in screen and it's not illegal to call it "smart controller" instead of "smartcontroller" but the seller is hoping you will be happy with whatever you get for the price and keep the package. personally that's no excuse to mislead but it happens all the time. I hope amazon or autel makes him change it because it's unfair to the sellers that won't claim their package contains a "smart controller."

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghost183