Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Is there something wrong with waypoints in the current version?

rumbarrel55

Reaction score
I saw a video that showed that you could change the yaw of the AC while the waypoint mission was being executed. I could only adjust the gimbal pitch. But not the YAW.

Also, Why can't you set any POI's? All waypoint programs have options to set POI's, but this doesn't. What's up with that?

Why would Autel include such a useless Waypoint system? I'm very, very, disappointed.

Reactions: MikkelBarker
With the Evo1 you can make a waypoint course while keeping the manual Yaw. You can therefore make a course by keeping the Pitch and the Yaw on hand to direct the angles of the Drone.
But it does these kinds of missions with the old Explorer application (only the one for Evo1).

With the Evo1 you can make a waypoint course while keeping the manual Yaw. You can therefore make a course by keeping the Pitch and the Yaw on hand to direct the angles of the Drone.
But it does these kinds of missions with the old Explorer application (only the one for Evo1).
Not quite sure what you are saying....are you saying that the older Explorer app DOES allow for Yaw adjustment during a Waypoint flight?

If so, how can I install the older version?

you save flights in the cloud so you can recover them later.
You completely uninstall Explorer V1 / V2 from the tablet or smartphone.
You reinstall the latest version of Explorer V1.0.1.45 for Evo 1.
here is the link :
Attention to our Android users: NEW EXPLORER APP HOW TO INSTALL
Then, in the cloud, you can retrieve your flight history.
This version, in addition, allows you to prepare flights without being connected to the drone.

you save flights in the cloud so you can recover them later.
You completely uninstall Explorer V1 / V2 from the tablet or smartphone.
You reinstall the latest version of Explorer V1.0.1.45 for Evo 1.
here is the link :
Attention to our Android users: NEW EXPLORER APP HOW TO INSTALL
Then, in the cloud, you can retrieve your flight history.
This version, in addition, allows you to prepare flights without being connected to the drone.
The only problem with the app is that there is no way to determine which version you have already installed. All you can do is look at all the subsystem apps with their own version numbers, but you can't view which actual overall version number you have.

The only problem with the app is that there is no way to determine which version you have already installed. All you can do is look at all the subsystem apps with their own version numbers, but you can't view which actual overall version number you have.

? On Android ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200404-082129.png
    Screenshot_20200404-082129.png
    89.7 KB · Views: 18
You have version 1.0.1.8 installed? That doesn't sound like a recent version.

Je fais.
Screenshot_2020-04-04-17-24-10.png

Et le firmware de l'Evo devrait être 1.5.8
Capture.JPG

Explorer V1.0.1.8 Version of 2018-10-29....... The children have grown up, you have to reset the clock ..............

Last edited:
That was on a tablet that was handy that I haven't used in some time.
The real point is you said you can't determine the version you have.
You now have two methods.

Thanks. I know this was a little trouble for you, but I do thank you...

The children may have grown up, but that doesn't mean they behave any better.

I saw a video that showed that you could change the yaw of the AC while the waypoint mission was being executed. I could only adjust the gimbal pitch. But not the YAW.

Also, Why can't you set any POI's? All waypoint programs have options to set POI's, but this doesn't. What's up with that?

Why would Autel include such a useless Waypoint system? I'm very, very, disappointed.
I came from a Phantom 4pro and the one thing I am really missing is being able to fly freely but focusing on a POI as you describe.

It feels very much as the Autel is focused on technical people and not on telling stories. Also, all transitions during missions are rough and ugly. Again, I miss the ability to create smooth flying.

I really miss and urge them to create a simple POI program when they have!!!!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller