Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Is it a good time to buy EVO II V1 now? Or just wait for v2?

wjc777

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to this board. Recently I want to buy EVO II, but I heard the V1 was discontinued. I worried there will be no replacement if I buy V1 at this time. Just wondering whether I can buy V1 or I should wait for V2.

couple of things to keep in mind (in no particular order):

1.there is a replacement, there is always a replacement. no matter what you get. nothing on this planet is irreplaceable.

2.price is a factor. if you can get a heavily discounted v1 (because it is no longer sold or produce) then you should consider getting one if you are a casual recreational flyer and you don't have unlimited funds. the v1 drone will fly like a champ (I can attest to that), you will love it (I can attest to that), and if you are out in the field and there is another recreational flyer with a v2, it will be impossible for you to tell the difference (as far as we know at this point).

3.if you intend to get the smart controller, you don't have any choice but to get the v2 drone.

all other equal factors, I would say try to get the v2 drone over the v1 drone if you can. it's the safest way to go if you want to lower your future risks. the drone is just another piece of consumer electronics so if you can keep that perspective, I think it will make your choice easier. maybe you are not looking to buy until black friday or maybe you want to wait and see if the next model (probably the autel evo 3) will be announced....so many factors to weigh. what I wouldn't worry about is noise like can I get parts, will my warranty go away, will my drone get grounded because the chipset is not government certified, if I call autel will they talk to me and support me, help me with my problems, provide me with bug fixes, etc.

Reactions: drrags and wjc777
Reactions: wjc777
😬Sorry to bother you with the same argument, but do you know if will be a combo like an Evo 2 Pro V2 with Smart controller V2 ? (Like DJI has with the Mavics)
Currently there is not a combo offered. That certainly could change in the future. What we've always seen at least with DJI is that it sometimes takes a month or two for a combo SKU and package to be created where the SC is bundled and packaged together with the aircraft in a retail packaged combo. With production and supply of the V2 Smart Controllers so limited (and currently not shipping), we would suspect Autel needs to wait until production numbers and availability of V2 Smart Controllers increases to a point where they can shift their production like to producing a new package combo.

In August, we will have EVO II Enterprise Bundles available which contain the EVO II Enterprise models (6K, 640T, Dual) with the speaker, spotlight, beacon and RTK module. Keep in mind the EVO II Enterprise is a different airframe/model from the regular EVO II Pro/640T/Dual.

Reactions: edgardcafe
Hi all,

I am new to this board. Recently I want to buy EVO II, but I heard the V1 was discontinued. I worried there will be no replacement if I buy V1 at this time. Just wondering whether I can buy V1 or I should wait for V2.
I bought two EVO2s when they first came out. PER AUTEL They have acquired enough V1 chips to satisfy the market for V1 smart controllers to match the V1 EVO2s. Autel states that there is no difference between the V1 and V2 EVO2s. Just the chip is different. They were under pressure to find a new chip as the manufacturer of the V1 chip was no longer able to keep up production of the V1 chip to satisfy their needs, so they chose a new chip manufacturer. I really don't think they should have called the chips V1 and V2, it makes it sound like the V2 is somehow more advanced when it's the same in function and performance.

Lets say you break your V1 regular remote in the future. Autel insits they will have enough V1 remotes if you will need a new one to match your V1 drone. Lets say you break your V1 drone and you need it replaced. You still have a V1 remote. I'm sure there will still be plenty of 3rd party sellers to buy a new V1 drone from, so you won't have to buy a new paired V2 remote and r/c.

When all said and done, I would wait and buy their V2 drone w V2 remote. Autel says when the chips are made, the manufacturing process requires the Chips in the Drone and the Remote to be the same in some way. They didn't say why. I assume just like DJI they only want their drones flying with their own remotes. No aftermarket remotes. If you ask me, that's bull crap. I wish they weren't allowed to do that, but they are, just like printing companies only let you use only their ink cartridges, or at least they used to. I hate the fact we can't use third party remotes to fly DJI or Autel drones. So now we have this chip problem and the pairing that needs to occur with the chips being of the same type in the drone and the r/c. Not right, I tell ya, just not right. GRRRRR.

Saludos a todos. Estoy un poco confundido porque he estado desconectado durante algunas semanas y no puedo volar. Tengo un Evo II Pro, ¿hay una versión V1 y V2 para ellos? ¿Cómo sé cuál tengo? ¿Qué pasa si puedo comprar el Smart Controller para volar V1 y V2? Agradezco su comentarios y ayuda.

Saludos a todos. Estoy un poco confundido porque he estado desconectado durante algunas semanas y no puedo volar. Tengo un Evo II Pro, ¿hay una versión V1 y V2 para ellos? ¿Cómo sé cuál tengo? ¿Qué pasa si puedo comprar el Smart Controller para volar V1 y V2? Agradezco su comentarios y ayuda.
Hola, si ha salido una otra versión. La versión que tú tienes es V1. Salió otra versión porque Autel, cómo varias empresas, se quedaron sin el “chip” microprocesador que no se podía fabricar más. Entonces, hicieron un nuevo drone con el procesador diferente. La versión V2, el que cambia en el drone comparando con la V1 es solo el chip y dicen que la distancia de transmisión también y nada más. Las Version 1 no son compatible con la Versión 2 ! Los primeros Smart controller que hicieron fueron V1 para los Drones V1 y hicieron limitadas cantidades. Ahora, si quieres comprar un smart controller tienes q ser V1 porque el V2 no funcionará con tu drone. Todavía, en USA no fueron distribuidos el Smart controller con V2 y los drones con V 2 están despachando por estos días. Yo ordene el smart controller V2 y también un drone Evo 2 Pro Versión 2 pero todavía no lo tengo. Aunque, yo tengo el Evo 2 Pro Versión 1 pero compre otro solo por tener V2. (No ha llegado todavía) compre en @advexure que tiene buenísimo servicio al cliente y me responden todas las dudas en solo algunas horas. Me dijeron que más o menos la semana del 6 al 12 de agosto estarían enviando el drone y el Smart controller. Espero que entendiste mas o menos porque mi español no es mi primero idioma. Saludos

• Love
Reactions: advexure
My two cents, it doesn’t really matter, I’m using my v1 commercially and love the smart controller. In my opinion it’s like cell phones, do you really need the latest one? Probably not. But that’s just me

My two cents, it doesn’t really matter, I’m using my v1 commercially and love the smart controller. In my opinion it’s like cell phones, do you really need the latest one? Probably not. But that’s just me
You are right! I don’t have to have the V2, but knowing that is a new V2 around until I can afford it @advexure is my best choice! 😎

Hola, si ha salido una otra versión. La versión que tú tienes es V1. Salió otra versión porque Autel, cómo varias empresas, se quedaron sin el “chip” microprocesador que no se podía fabricar más. Entonces, hicieron un nuevo drone con el procesador diferente. La versión V2, el que cambia en el drone comparando con la V1 es solo el chip y dicen que la distancia de transmisión también y nada más. Las Version 1 no son compatible con la Versión 2 ! Los primeros Smart controller que hicieron fueron V1 para los Drones V1 y hicieron limitadas cantidades. Ahora, si quieres comprar un smart controller tienes q ser V1 porque el V2 no funcionará con tu drone. Todavía, en USA no fueron distribuidos el Smart controller con V2 y los drones con V 2 están despachando por estos días. Yo ordene el smart controller V2 y también un drone Evo 2 Pro Versión 2 pero todavía no lo tengo. Aunque, yo tengo el Evo 2 Pro Versión 1 pero compre otro solo por tener V2. (No ha llegado todavía) compre en @advexure que tiene buenísimo servicio al cliente y me responden todas las dudas en solo algunas horas. Me dijeron que más o menos la semana del 6 al 12 de agosto estarían enviando el drone y el Smart controller. Espero que entendiste mas o menos porque mi español no es mi primero idioma. Saludos
Google translator V2. "Hello, if another version has come out. The version you have is V1. Another version came out because Autel, like several companies, were left without the microprocessor "chip" that could not be manufactured anymore. So, they made a new drone with the different processor. The V2 version, the one that changes in the drone compared to the V1 is only the chip and they say the transmission distance as well and nothing else. Version 1 is not compatible with Version 2! The first Smart controllers they made were V1 for V1 Drones and they made limited quantities. Now if you want to buy a smart controller you have to be V1 because V2 will not work with your drone. Still, in the USA the Smart controller with V2 was not distributed and the drones with V 2 are shipping these days. I ordered the smart controller V2 and also an Evo 2 Pro Version 2 drone but I don't have it yet. Although, I have the Evo 2 Pro Version 1 but bought another just to have V2. (It has not arrived yet) buy at @advexure which has great customer service and they answer all my questions in just a few hours. They told me that more or less the week of August 6 to 12 they would be shipping the drone and the Smart controller. I hope you understood more or less because my Spanish is not my first language. Greetings"

No offense, but....Why do people insist on speaking other languages when English is considered the world's primary or default language by the U.N.? If you speak another language, just enter your text into the online google translator and then copy paste the results in English in the forum. Or, when you can't understand English, just paste it in the translator and have it changed to your own primary language. According to the U.N. English is the world's universal language. Please try and use it.

No offense, but....Why do people insist on speaking other languages when English is considered the world's primary or default language by the U.N.? If you speak another language, just enter your text into the online google translator and then copy paste the results in English in the forum. Or, when you can't understand English, just paste it in the translator and have it changed to your own primary language. According to the U.N. English is the world's universal language. Please try and use it.
Very much offensive. This is a forum…where people discuss issues. Maybe you should use google if you don’t understand.

I just replied someone that posted a question in Spanish and it doesn’t bother me at all. Although, Spanish is not my native language. I understand and speak English, Spanish, italian, Japanese and Portuguese. Have a good day, flight safe and be safe 😎

Wait for version 2 absolutely. Especially if Autel decides they want to make their new smart controller compatible with future products. They will be moving forward not backwards. I got my EVO 2 earlier this year & a little upset they will have a V2, but I have an ALIENTECH Pro antenna booster, so that makes up for any range & connection issues.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Football Bat