Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Is drone registration still required in USA?

Guntar

Reaction score
Hi,
I know some years ago the drone registration was required in US. Later I heard it was repealed, not sure where it is now, do I need to register my new EVO?!
On EVO it would be easy to install the registration number, between the battery and drone body.

Yes, it's still require to register and put the registration number outside of the aircraft.

Yes, it's still require to register and put the registration number outside of the aircraft.
Does the registration need to be renewed?
I did registered, back when the registration first started. Curious, is the registration still valid, when I first registered, it was ~8 years ago.
Thanks Macoman!

I did registered, back when the registration first started. Curious, is the registration still valid, when I first registered, it was ~8 years ago.
Thanks Macoman!
I believe it needs to be renew every 3 or 4 years... I am still not clear about that.

Thanks Macoman!
Not sure what you registered 8 years ago as the registration has not been around that long.

Not sure what you registered 8 years ago as the registration has not been around that long.
It could have been less than that, I know that I registered soon after registration started. I know when I registered, it was still free!! :)

OK
UAS Flown by Recreational Fliers and Modeler Community-Based Organizations (Formerly Section 336)
If you are flying for hobby or recreation only, you must:

1. Register as a "modeler"
  2. Label your model aircraft with your registration number
In order to register, you must be:

• 13 years of age or older (if the owner is less than 13 years of age, a person 13 years of age or older must register the model aircraft)
  • A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident*
UAS Flown by Certified Remote Pilots including Commercial Operators (Part 107)
The FAA requires you to:

1. Register your when flying under Part 107.
  2. Label your drone (PDF) with your registration number.
Registration costs $5 per aircraft and is valid for 3 years.

In order to register, you'll need to provide the following information:

• Email address
  • Credit or debit card
  • Physical address and mailing address (if different from physical address)
  • Make and model of your unmanned aircraft

Reactions: Guntar
Also as a hobbiest, you can use the same registration number for all your drones that are .55lb and up. Now as part 107 commercial pilot, you must register each drone individually.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d