Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Is anyone using Final Cut Pro X video editing software?

Catweazle

Reaction score
I'm looking around for VE software and asking what other pilots may be using brfore I take the plunge.

I use final cut pro, bought it the DVD in eBay for $149. It's really amazing for what it can do. We also have iMovie which is free but don't have the same capability and features of final cut pro. I have a 2010 macpro machine.

I use final cut pro, bought it the DVD in eBay for $149. It's really amazing for what it can do. We also have iMovie which is free but don't have the same capability and features of final cut pro. I have a 2010 macpro machine.
Sounds good..It should run ok on my Dell Aspiron 1550

I’ve used both iMove and Final Cut on a MacBook Pro 15” 2015. A fast CPU is great, but memory is equally important editing 4K and big files in Lightroom & Photoshop. I just sold my fav MBP for that reason, it’s 16GB is soldered-in. I just bought a used 6-core 2018 Mac Mini, so I can eventually bump-up to 32 or 64GB.

Editing Mac Pros I used at work running FCP had 64 or 128GB handling 4K with ease. I do miss them :(. iMovie & FCP were intended for different markets. FCP was created and is widely used by professionals — we’ve all seen movies and TV shows edited with FCP. iMovie is meant for everyone else. It’s steadily gotten better, borrowing stuff from FCP. I use the latest iMovie on 95% of my videos now, FCP, less and less. It’s just overkill for anything truly non-high-end-commerical IMHO.

Davinci Resolve is far superior and free. Ask anyone who edits professionally, and they'll tell you the same thing. Don't waste your money on FCP or Adobe Premiere Pro.

I can tell you from years of television experience that Davinci Resolve from Black Magic Design has incredible bang for the buck (Free). Apple cut their own throats when they abandoned FCP V7 and then admitted "They don't make professional editing software" then came out with V10. Most professional editors then jumped ship and migrated over to Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro with the full Adobe suite. Avid has always had some sort of an attitude that they are best and untouchable and therefore can charge more. Adobe started cutting their own throat with the monthly subscription. Davinci Resolve is probably the best thing going if you have a machine that can handle it. There are several workarounds that help less powerful machines work reasonably well with Resolve. The Resolve software contains everything you need where as Adobe makes you work with several applications to get the job done with far more keystrokes and having to export projects to other programs to perform specific tasks. FCP...well I'm not a fan. We used it in my studio as well as Adobe and Avid Media Composer. Anything from Apple was breaking the bank as they released OS upgrades then the editing software would break or other features driving the broadcast monitors from FCP would become incompatible because Apple changed something in the new OS. I got real tired of chasing broken compatibilities because of Apple OS upgrades. You think Windows is bad?...APPLE! YUK!

Anything from Apple was breaking the bank as they released OS upgrades then the editing software would break or other features driving the broadcast monitors from FCP would become incompatible because Apple changed something in the new OS. I got real tired of chasing broken compatibilities because of Apple OS upgrades. You think Windows is bad?...APPLE! YUK!

I have to agree with this 100%... I have to go back after upgrading my Mac os x, because for some reason that Apple implemented. My version of final cut was incompatible. I hate this all the time about upgrading the OS and having a full version of final cut installed that worked perfectly.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy