Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

iPhone charging problem

tangod27

Reaction score
I have a problem with my evo lite +, when I connect lighting cable from my iPhone, my phone start charging, then Remote controller make beep and phone charging is off. All other services work perfectly, but my phone is not charging. How I can solve this problem?

I have a problem with my evo lite +, when I connect lighting cable from my iPhone, my phone start charging, then Remote controller make beep and phone charging is off. All other services work perfectly, but my phone is not charging. How I can solve this problem?

I am confused, are you saying you want your phone to charge off of the remote or no? The iPhone should not charge when connected to the remote controller.

Yes, I want to charge my iPhone from the remote controller. For example, Android devices charge from the remote controller, I checked it today. It's very good when you want fly for long time and have powerbank for remote controller.

Yes, I want to charge my iPhone from the remote controller. For example, Android devices charge from the remote controller, I checked it today. It's very good when you want fly for long time and have powerbank for remote controller.

That's a really bad idea for many reasons and most Android owners seem to hate that their phones/tablets charge from their remote, below are just a few reasons why this is bad that I can think of off of the top of my head:

• RC LiPo Battery - The RC uses LiPo batteries, each charge/discharge cycle shortens their life. Since the battery is permanently installed, if it ever stops charging you will need to buy a new remote.
  • Loss of Control - The RC will drain much faster if it is charging your phone. If your phone dies you can still bring the drone back to you, if the RC dies you are at the mercy of RTH.
  • LiPo Battery Life - Similar to the first point, but this time it is about how quickly the battery discharges. By adding an additional load to the LiPo battery, it will discharge faster which leads to heat buildup which in turn further shortens the life of the battery.
The RC has one critical function....fly the drone, it is not a powerbank, nor is it designed to be a charging source, there is no way I would want my phone or tablet to charge from my RC. I use an iPad mini to fly and it lasts 10hrs on a single charge, if your phone is dying too quickly I would recommend getting a tablet, putting your phone in airplane mode, or maybe the battery in the phone is going bad.

Thank you for the answer. I use drone for military monitoring missions and can fly all day, that’s why I want to connect power bank and have non stopped charging for remote controller and my device.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marshall@DRONE