Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

iPad Pro vs TrippleTek

andrew124C41

Reaction score
I am looking for a tablet, something better than my Note 9 to use with the E2P in the sun. I would imagine both can be used with DJI as well.

Working in sunlight is what I am looking for.

Does she Explorer App work better with Android vs iOS, visa versa or same.

I think there are some apps like maybe mapping ones that only work with iOS.

I live in Florida where the sun is super bright. After designing and building 'Super shadow boxes' the trying 'Drone Mask2', I finally gave up and and bought the Tripletek 8" through Amazon. I know it is expensive but it is the only thing that works here.

Reactions: Lowrider
I am looking for a tablet, something better than my Note 9 to use with the E2P in the sun. I would imagine both can be used with DJI as well.

I have the Tripltek 8" and love how well it works on bright days. IPad pro is 600 nits maximum brightness. The Tripltek 8" is 1300 nits, no comparison on a bright day.

Andrew,
I have a Tripltek 7” Pro in perfect condition I’m not using much that I might consider selling. PM me if you’re interested.

I personally have used my iPad mini since 2016 for hundreds of commercial projects and multiple drone ecosystems and it still works like the day I bought it. The only thing I did was put an anti-glare film on it; I also live in Florida and don't have a problem seeing the screen even when shooting in LOG. On the brightest days I just find some shade from a building or a tree, or if all else fails I turn my back to the sun. Yes it is still a bit challenging to see, but not impossible. With even a little bit of shade I have no problems at all.

The Tripletek has some nice specs, but its been my experience the Apple versions of apps are typically better than their Android equivalents, Android devices have that problem where they drain your controller battery as they try to charge off of the controller (Apple devices don't do this), and a used iPad mini is far cheaper than a Tripletek. Yes the Tripletek is absolutely brighter, but I have been all over the world with various drones and have never had a problem using my iPad mini.

If you do go with an iPad, I would recommend the mini vs the Pro, the mini is the perfect size IMO and the pro would be really large and make the controller unbalanced.

Reactions: G_G
I have been using the Tripltek 8 since it came out (upgraded from the 7). I have used it with my E2P/Dual, Inspire, Phantom, Skydio 2, Mini 2, Parrot Anafi and Mavic 2 with no issues. What I really like is being able to use a sim card and having a standalone connection for internet and data. I use a 500mb plan that works great and only costs $5 a month. The battery life is unbelievable, I use it as a regular tablet on road trips and get over 8hr on a charge (no videos).

Reactions: Lowrider
I bought the Tripletek 8 to replace my iPhone 14 pro max. What. A difference fin bright sunlight. It’s expensive but IMO worth the investment.

Reactions: Eagle928 and Junior
Once you get spoiled by the 7" or 8" bright Tripltek screen and speed, it's hard to go back to a lesser tablet or phone.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials