Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

IOS? May Need To Return EVO.

sjdaniels

Reaction score
Website
filmforte.com
I went back and forth for 2 weeks over the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More and the Autel Robotics EVO and purchasing 2 extra batteries.

I finally decided that the EVO seems to be a future safe product, for now. Ordered, Shipped and in my preparedness I attempted to download the EVO Explorer application for my iPhone 8 Plus. To my chagrin it was no where to be found.

I know that the videos I watched and instructions I have read the operators indeed conducted their tests on IOS products. So I once again visited the Autel Robotics website to find a link to the appropriate application. EVO | Autel Robotics - lists all the wonderful features of the EVO and contains direct links to the application. Right? No!

Although there is no disclaimer of the application still in development for IOS nor any signs that it will be "coming soon" to the App Store - instead there is a direct link to the application in the App Store, that isn't there.

As a registered Apple Developer I contacted Autel Robotics "U.S. SUPPORT 7 DAYS A WEEK" and I guess its a gray area with no disclosure of what weeks. This is what I said...

I am a registered Apple Developer and proud owner of 4 MacBook Pros, 3 iPads ( 2 Air 2s and a Mini 2 ) and 3 iPhones ( 7, 8 Plus and X ). I do not own a single Android device. I have TestFlight installed on all devices, could you please send me an invitation for your IOS Beta application?

It has been 4 days and no response, not even an auto reply. My EVO arrives today and still no response. It's looking like maybe a return and wait for Mavic Pro II with 1" sensor just announced for Fall release. I wanted to love this device, but support and compatibility is key in this arena.

If anyone knows how to bypass the misleading and blatantly false advertising to obtain the IOS software your help would be much appreciated.

Thank You.

Attachments

• False.png
    False.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
The IOS version of the EVO Explorer App is still in BETA Testing! I have it on my IPAD Mini and it works fine.

You need to either call Autel or Send them a Message or CHAT with them and they will instruct you how to get the BETA app to download to your IPHONE!

You will need to first download an APP called TESTFLIGHT. Autel will instruct you how to go from there. The IOS BETA is still waiting for the Apple Store approval and then it will be launched to the Public.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

The IOS version of the EVO Explorer App is still in BETA Testing! I have it on my IPAD Mini and it works fine.

You need to either call Autel or Send them a Message or CHAT with them and they will instruct you how to get the BETA app to download to your IPHONE!

You will need to first download an APP called TESTFLIGHT. Autel will instruct you how to go from there. The IOS BETA is still waiting for the Apple Store approval and then it will be launched to the Public.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I already have TestFlight... I have several applications in test from BMW, DirecTV and March Networks. I sent email to support and received nothing back. I will try, as you suggest, calling or live chat this afternoon.

Thanks again.

Bummer dude. Sorry to hear. I also recently purchased an EVO and didn’t have immediate access to the app. It was frustrating. Through Autel customer support email I was sent an invitation for it. It took a day, but they got it to me. It sounds like you’ve started there too but didn’t get a confirmation that they rcv’d your inquiry. I’d try again ASAP. They might not have rcv’d the message. I’ve had many questions, all sent via email, and they have been very responsive. Also, as a side note, you can fly your EVO without the app. It’s maybe not quite as awesome as having the aux screen and the app but it’s totally fun! Good luck!

Bummer dude. Sorry to hear. I also recently purchased an EVO and didn’t have immediate access to the app. It was frustrating. Through Autel customer support email I was sent an invitation for it. It took a day, but they got it to me. It sounds like you’ve started there too but didn’t get a confirmation that they rcv’d your inquiry. I’d try again ASAP. They might not have rcv’d the message. I’ve had many questions, all sent via email, and they have been very responsive. Also, as a side note, you can fly your EVO without the app. It’s maybe not quite as awesome as having the aux screen and the app but it’s totally fun! Good luck!

My concern in flying without the application is GPS and Return to Home. Do these options still function properly without a cellphone? Also camera adjustments. Every video I have watched all operators where doing their calibrations and adjustments through the application.

I'm fine flying without a secondary device, the built in screen was a strong deciding factor in the purchase, as long as all functions can be achieved through the built in system. As I said, I have NO android devices to make any changes that require one.

Thanks Jeff, I already have TestFlight... I have several applications in test from BMW, DirecTV and March Networks. I sent email to support and received nothing back. I will try, as you suggest, calling or live chat this afternoon.

Thanks again.

Autel is pretty good about this. And I forgot they will send you an invitation, or actually the folks at TESTFLIGHT will send the invitation.

I prefer IOS vs. Android anyway. But the explorer App works fine so far. Gonna try to get out today and do some flying. It is just so DAMNED Hot down here, you end up sweating your *** off!

Take Care.

JEFF

RTH worked for me without the app. Camera controls are in the RC too. I think you have access to much if not all of the functionality through the RC. Autel is on Pacific time. Call them at 8a. Send them another email. As others have said, they’re pretty good about this stuff. Don’t throw in the towel quite yet!

I personally like having a dedicated device for my drones. I have ipad minis for my DJI products and a phone for my Evo. When using it only for the drone any advantage of an Apple device over Android disappears. Plus the fact that I got a good (not great) 6 inch phone for under $40 made this easy to decide. Try getting any Apple device (new) for under $200.

Well, I've got the app on my iPad but need some help connecting to the RC.

Trouble is, the EVO which arrived yesterday is my first drone and my iPad mini 2 (2014 from eBay) is my first mobile device (although I have been using Macs for decades). And my son, who does know about these things, is away.

So, my EVO came with a choice of two RC connecting cables - standard micro USB and USB type C - neither of which slots into the lightning port on my iPad.

So do I need to get a whole new cable (like this?) - or just a little adapter dongle to convert one of the above to lightning (like this)?

PS. To transfer files from the EVO to my iMac, is it better/faster to connect the drone to my Mac (via a Micro USB>USB cable) or take out the SD card and use an adapter/reader?

Thanks for any help.

Well, I've got the app on my iPad but need some help connecting to the RC.

Trouble is, the EVO which arrived yesterday is my first drone and my iPad mini 2 (2014 from eBay) is my first mobile device (although I have been using Macs for decades). And my son, who does know about these things, is away.

So, my EVO came with a choice of two RC connecting cables - standard micro USB and USB type C - neither of which slots into the lightning port on my iPad.

So do I need to get a whole new cable (like this?) - or just a little adapter dongle to convert one of the above to lightning (like this)?

PS. To transfer files from the EVO to my iMac, is it better/faster to connect the drone to my Mac (via a Micro USB>USB cable) or take out the SD card and use an adapter/reader?

Thanks for any help.

You will have to purchase a Lightning Cable with a Mini C or Micro USB connector. I believe WalMart has them! I ordered mine online!.

Ordered from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073PW3VBK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You will have to purchase a Lightning Cable with a Mini C or Micro USB connector. I believe WalMart has them! I ordered mine online!.

Ordered from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073PW3VBK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you. That one looks like standard USB rather than Micro or Mini though... I can't see a port that size on my EVO remote. But I think I know what to get. Do you have any preference for transferring files from the SD card to a Mac?

It is a Standard USB, and it fits right under the screen in between the Handles. It works fine on my Remote!

I got this one, because it is short enough to reach the Tablet and not have allot of extra wire. Other ones you will find are too long. And they don't have the 90 degree plug.

Reactions: YuKay

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials