Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

iOS Autel Explorer App 1.4.18 Problems with iPhone XS

propellerhead

Reaction score
iPhone XS with Autel Explorer App 1.4.18 incorrectly displays a cropped portion of live drone video feed. Drone's image width is scaled to match the width of phone's screen (2,436x1,125) and the top and bottom of the scaled image (5,472x3,076) get cropped. Result is 100% coverage of horizontal field of view (FOV), but only 82% of vertical field of view. The framing aid gridlines are centered on phone display, not the actual FOV.

Attachments

• recording.png
    recording.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 6
  • viewfinder.PNG
    viewfinder.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
Blue text on black background is hard to read under ideal conditions and becomes invisible in daylight.

Attachments

• blue text on black autel menu.PNG
    blue text on black autel menu.PNG
    344.2 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: parkgt
If it did, wouldn't Apple reject it?

Not sure why my two distinct posts were changed to a post and a reply. I made TWO posts about TWO issues for ease of search.

The reply above started as a post titled: iOS Autel Explorer App 1.4.18 Violates Apple Human Interface Guidelines
I merged them together. I debated between deleting the complaint thread about the Apple guidelines or merging them together. Chose it this way. If Autel Robotics is in violation of the guidelines and Apple's QC let it through, they must've done it for a reason. I suggest you contact either Autel or Apple for this and see what they say.

I merged them together. I debated between deleting the complaint thread about the Apple guidelines or merging them together. Chose it this way. If Autel Robotics is in violation of the guidelines and Apple's QC let it through, they must've done it for a reason. I suggest you contact either Autel or Apple for this and see what they say.

My post wasn't about Apple QC or Apple Guidelines or Apple letting it through. It was about the stupidity of using BLUE text on a BLACK background. I only added the Apple Guidelines to the title in an attempt to ward off the trolls that won't understand why BLUE text on a BLACK background is unacceptable.

My post wasn't about Apple QC or Apple Guidelines or Apple letting it through. It was about the stupidity of using BLUE text on a BLACK background. I only added the Apple Guidelines to the title in an attempt to ward off the trolls that won't understand why BLUE text on a BLACK background is unacceptable.
I understand your frustration, but complaining about it here, won't get things changed. We aren't part of Autel Robotics. Heck, Customer Support will not answer any emails, chat or calls I make to them.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg