Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

INVALID Home Point

swings16

Reaction score
I often get this notice when i take off...it may not be the exact words on my screen but it is similar..INVALID HOME POINT

Anyone experience this ?

I often use the RTH feature and will not use it when i am told..INVALID RTH..INACCURATE Home point !

Thanks All

Martin

Sounds like you may be having a gps module issue or you're not waiting long enough for the satellites to populate. Are you waiting long enough to see enough satellites? If you are it might be a faulty gps module.

Reactions: swings16
Sounds like you may be having a gps module issue or you're not waiting long enough for the satellites to populate. Are you waiting long enough to see enough satellites? If you are it might be a faulty gps module.

Thank You...i think that THAT may be the problem...not waiting long enough for the satellites to give an accurate reading and NOT having enough satellites to get a proper setting...i believe that i must SLOW my roll...often i am in a bit of a hurry which is not the way to approach flying...i find myself often rushing...NOT good ...i believe it is because i am rarely in a relaxed frame of mind while getting ready to fly...flight is NOT welcomed here (NYC)...Luckily i will be 2+1/2 hours NORTH of NYC this weekend and the concerns of a NYC fight is gone...wide open WONDERFUL space in the Catskill mountains...i can't wait...hopefully WEATHER will not be an issue ...THANK YOU..Martin/NYC

Reactions: Tufargon
Thank You...i think that THAT may be the problem...not waiting long enough for the satellites to give an accurate reading and NOT having enough satellites to get a proper setting...i believe that i must SLOW my roll...often i am in a bit of a hurry which is not the way to approach flying...i find myself often rushing...NOT good ...i believe it is because i am rarely in a relaxed frame of mind while getting ready to fly...flight is NOT welcomed here (NYC)...Luckily i will be 2+1/2 hours NORTH of NYC this weekend and the concerns of a NYC fight is gone...wide open WONDERFUL space in the Catskill mountains...i can't wait...hopefully WEATHER will not be an issue ...THANK YOU..Martin/NYC
Sounds like it'll be a relaxing trip! Hopefully everything goes to plan with the Evo. Let us know how it all goes.

I don't believe that will work until the satellites populate (or at least it shouldn't) because without the satellites it won't know where it is in the first place (could be the reason why he is having this issue). That's really useful if you want to change your home point after the fact to a different place. I'm guessing this is his issue because if it was the gps module, it would go to atti mode and be quite a handful if you have never flown using atti.

I often get this notice when i take off...it may not be the exact words on my screen but it is similar..INVALID HOME POINT

Anyone experience this ?

I often use the RTH feature and will not use it when i am told..INVALID RTH..INACCURATE Home point !

Thanks All

Martin
Swings, I get this notice 9 times out of 10 when taking off. I always wait until I have at least 12 sats and it still shows up on my screen. My evo always lands within 6 inches of takeoff point so I don't pay it any mind. The "inaccurate home point" always disappears shortly after takeoff.
butch

I would advice against what Butch said. He has been lucky, but you never know. When I get that message, eventually I will get a green message saying that GPS has been locked on. I start my mission after that message.

Swings, I get this notice 9 times out of 10 when taking off. I always wait until I have at least 12 sats and it still shows up on my screen. My evo always lands within 6 inches of takeoff point so I don't pay it any mind. The "inaccurate home point" always disappears shortly after takeoff.
butch

Ahh...I was thinking along that line and you have confirmed it...i have to slow my s&%t down...let the controller do its thing and i will be better off...I like having the RTH...specially when it is in a wide open area..i get nervous doing the RTH when i have gone over huge trees etc. and going out of line of sight for a few seconds
My man...Thanks

I would advice against what Butch said. He has been lucky, but you never know. When I get that message, eventually I will get a green message saying that GPS has been locked on. I start my mission after that message.
Uh oh...i have never seen a GREEN Message telling that you are locked on ...i will do as suggested..WAIT...slow down and fly when locked in solid..GREEN....Thanks

Next time I fly my Evo, I will record my screen to show you. That wont be today though. Someone else made plans for me for the whole day. :mad:

Next time I fly my Evo, I will record my screen to show you. That wont be today though. Someone else made plans for me for the whole day. :mad:

So very much appreciated...Thank You

and..I HEAR YOU (someone else) made plans

Glad/sad i ain't the only one !

Reactions: Ansia
Well, can't say I ever got a "GPS lock" message either that I remember. In any case, when I get the "inaccurate home point" thing, it does not say anything about NOT to take off, just says use caution when landing or something similar.

I will make a screen shot next time I fly, if I remember. ? Swings and Ansia, I am not advising anyone, just saying what happens here. ?
butch

Reactions: Ansia
I was going to record today, but it's 108° F outside. So for now, imagine what I'm talking about. ?

Holy freakin Moley...where do you guys fry (oops...I mean live ?)
I am upstate NY in the Catskills mountains...I will post a bit of my flights...nothing special but to ME I am happy just observing/filming wide open natural beauty with a mountain as the background...mid 50’s tonight...a high about 70 tomorrow...WILL be flying often tomorrow...bought 3 extra batteries recently...good to have extras when weather is fine...BEST to All...Martin/swings16

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy