Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Introduction / EVO 1

DaveMH

Reaction score
I am new to the Autel EVO owner/forum family.

I am not new to flying drones (quads & hexcopters)

I have built several quads during my early years and most recently am flying store bought units.

My early builds were with Pixhawk flight controllers (FC) only. Never owned a DJI.

After a few builds, 3 I believe, I have owned 3 SOLOs, 2 Yuneec Typhoon Hs and now my first EVO. I am currently flying the H PLUS.

I tell you all this so if I ask something dumb it’s not because I’m a novice.

So, my first Autel EVO is the first generation which I believe you refer to as an EVO 1.

Yes, I am the second owner of a lightly used quad.

The bird will arrive Monday the 2nd and of course I have my fingers crossed it IS as represented.

I have been trolling the forum & YouTube to learn all I can before it arrives.

Trust me this craft will be thoroughly inspected before my first flight with it.

For my first question to the Autel masters:

Is there a software that will allow us (owners) to view & review flight logs on the bird.

Other than Autel Explorer which appears to provide very limited information.

I am accustom to using Mission Planner and/or QGroundControl to review logs and other data on the craft. I know the EVO 1 has the USB port can any data be retrieved via this procedure? Surly after two years someone has developed a way.

This is a bit long, but thanks for viewing & any feedback.

On the free version, you can store up to 100 flights (then you just have to delete the first flights to have space) and on this version, we recover the maximum of essential things.

Reactions: DaveMH
Hello. Checking in from Chicago. Question? Anyone ever have an Evo 1 go bizerk after the latest firmware? Unfortunately it happened with mine. Flight log info shows it having a mind of its own. The drone is currentlyin route back to Autel. Anybody ever worked with them?

Hello. Checking in from Chicago. Question? Anyone ever have an Evo 1 go bizerk after the latest firmware? Unfortunately it happened with mine. Flight log info shows it having a mind of its own. The drone is currentlyin route back to Autel. Anybody ever worked with them?
yes, this is why I recommend you use a dedicated monitor or smartphone, with the blue tooth, wifi, and SIM card shut OFF. you don't want your device getting updated when it flies great as is. reversing the updates can be difficult.

Reactions: polarskyhigh

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles