Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Interesting EVO launch from metal structure

jcommstudios

Reaction score
Website
jcommstudios.com
I have been doing a series of progress videos for the restoration of the MV Aurora, a 300 ft. museum ship located in my area. I have previously flown from the road to eliminate any mag interference and compass deviation. I decided to launch directly from the ships deck and upon start up immediately got compass error and mag interference messages. My thoughts were that if the drone would start I should be able to get up and clear of the warnings. I was correct! No I did not use BOAT MODE! ...lol ....... vlcsnap-2019-11-05-08h56m58s404.jpgvlcsnap-2019-11-05-08h56m37s951.jpgAurora 7-117-19.Still001.jpg

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Problem is, that even if the magnetic interference is a little bit short from getting the message and you take off, you will be flying with a uncalibrated compass. The problem with this, is once the compass gets it's bearings, it may try to fly away.

Problem is, that even if the magnetic interference is a little bit short from getting the message and you take off, you will be flying with a uncalibrated compass. The problem with this, is once the compass gets it's bearings, it may try to fly away.
@Ansia The compass was fine once I was off the deck. Flew just as it normally would. No problem landing on the deck either. Not sure how you make your calculation that it would try to fly away.

I once took off from a gas station. At first I would get magnetic interference and I moved a bit until the message went away. Once I took off, the drone thought it was facing east, while it was facing south. Once I took off and the compass got it's bearing, suddenly the drone took off at full speed without any input. It took me a few milliseconds to soil myself, switch into ATTI mode and bring it back manually.

• Haha
Reactions: jcommstudios
Not related to metal but, Every now and then, I'll get a magnetic interference message at start up. Any attempt to recalibrate fails. I simply power off Evo then on again, and it's all good. Why this happens is a mystery to me.

Not related to metal but, Every now and then, I'll get a magnetic interference message at start up. Any attempt to recalibrate fails. I simply power off Evo then on again, and it's all good. Why this happens is a mystery to me.
Same thing happens here for no good reason. Even out in the pasture where there is no metal.

I once took off from a gas station. At first I would get magnetic interference and I moved a bit until the message went away. Once I took off, the drone thought it was facing east, while it was facing south. Once I took off and the compass got it's bearing, suddenly the drone took off at full speed without any input. It took me a few milliseconds to soil myself, switch into ATTI mode and bring it back manually.
I owned a drone from a competitor that twice flew away for no reason. I sold it.. But it seems that there should be some sort of built-in safety that prevents this kind of flyaway. Autel, are you listening???

Reactions: Big.G

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller