Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Insurance - What is everyone currently using?

SixStarsDrone

Reaction score
I’m looking for current recommendations for liability insurance and possibly drone coverage as well. This is for commercial / Part 107.

I called my insurance agent today who represents numerous insurance companies. They are going to check with their carriers but it sounds like I’m the first person to have asked this question.

I’ve seen Avion and Skywatch mentioned in some other posts. Are those still the best options? I’m looking for a yearly policy, not a per job policy.

What are you paying per year?

Would Autel Care be a good option as well for drone replacement or rely solely on insurance?

I wouldn’t rely on Autel care if you are flying commercially. You need a company that will take care of your problem in a timely manner. So far the comments and my own experience are awful trying to contact CS. I drive a commercial truck and can call and be on hold for long periods of time using headphones there were days I called over 15 times, left messages and never got a response or call back. The only time I was able to talk to someone was on a chat window, I explained my problem, the guys said “let me get you someone to help you with that” and never came back to the chat. So yes, get outside insurance.

Reactions: SixStarsDrone
BTW there are “in the spot” insurance companies that you call tell them where, when and what time are you flying and they will cover you for that period with out having an insurance for the time you are not flying. I saw a video once of someone explaining the process but I don’t remember who it was. It works like aloft. You clear your flight before you fly

I just did a search for Companies affecting liability insurance for drones and a bunch of companies popped up. I read this article from this page The 6 Best Drone Insurance Companies that might help you a little . I believe Skyfly is the one that let you call before you fly and will cover tha liability for that flight.

Attachments

• B87836E0-4555-49A1-B8DF-ABB014414A6A.png
    B87836E0-4555-49A1-B8DF-ABB014414A6A.png
    658.5 KB · Views: 4
Was your claim for the drone itself or damage caused by the drone?

Do you or did you also have Autel Care?
A crow took out my drone over a forest. The crow got an attorney who wanted to play hardball.

(kidding)
I couldn't retrieve it but they paid the claim. They paid basically for the cost of a refurb'd one on DJI.com

I just did a search for Companies affecting liability insurance for drones and a bunch of companies popped up. I read this article from this page The 6 Best Drone Insurance Companies that might help you a little . I believe Skyfly is the one that let you call before you fly and will cover tha liability for that flight.
I found the same article the other night. Some good information.

Reactions: 30plusretlaw
Take a look at AirModo drone insurance for hourly or annual coverage. Policies are underwritten and issued by USAIG, one of the oldest aviation insurers in the USA.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy