Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Insta 360 One R for Autel 2 ?

Kruphen

Reaction score
Hi fellow Dronies,

I'm contemplating designing an Insta 360 camera mod for my Autel Pro, similar to what they sell for the Mavic pro 2. Has anyone used this on their Mavic drones and is it worth the effort?

I know I'll have to design and 3D print a new frame as well as possibly extend the connections to fit, but that shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Any comments or thoughts welcome!
1613324947346.png
Rob

Last edited:
Have flown a Gopro Max 360 from a DJI Phantom 4, as well as under a DJI Mavic, looking into getting or making a bracket to carry the Max under E2P. Couple considerations, are you looking to capture the 360 view from the top of the aircraft, or, from underneath?

If your looking to make great 360 spherical HDRI photos for lighting in 3d software, the DJI Mavic Air 2 software creates a perfect sphere using the drone and camera. The drone hovers, rotates, uses the gimbal, stops automatically and takes pictures at intervals that create a perfectly spherical 360 degree HDRI. The Mavic 2 doesn't have this option, nor does the mini. Just the DJI air 2. I wish Autel would add this feature to their software.

Reactions: gschulzuio
If your looking to make great 360 spherical HDRI photos for lighting in 3d software, the DJI Mavic Air 2 software creates a perfect sphere using the drone and camera. The drone hovers, rotates, uses the gimbal, stops automatically and takes pictures at intervals that create a perfectly spherical 360 degree HDRI. The Mavic 2 doesn't have this option, nor does the mini. Just the DJI air 2. I wish Autel would add this feature to their software.
Yup, the DJIs using Go/Go4 can shoot 360 spherical stills nicely, including handling the post process for a stiched image or allowing self composite (off load the aircraft camera). Also using Litch and 3rd party flight app can shoot 360s (self compositing) even with the Mini. Otoh, if you want to capture 360 video (even with the DJI products), you need to carry a 360 camera as payload. Its possible to setup an Autel mission in explorer to shoot a 360 sphere, however its a lot of steps. Concur, wish Autel would add basic automated 360 capture capability. Not worried about aircraft/camera doing stiching as its fairly easy to stich/composite them with various tools after the flight.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials