Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

IMU Calibration?

LeafPeeper

Reaction score
Is there no way to calibrate the IMU on the Evo? Just noticed there doesn't seem to be an option in Explorer.

LP

Lots of views, but no comments - so I thought I'd post the answer I got from Autel in case anyone else comes looking. The Evo IMU is calibrated every time the Evo is booted - unlike DJI and the XStar where the IMU cal is a separate operation and the values are saved from flight to flight. There is no separate calibration routine.

LP

Reactions: ZachM1
Thank you LeafPeeper, for the answer. I read your post and also waited for a reply but nada, zilch, so you found out right from the source.... good job and I now have the answer....

Reactions: LeafPeeper
Thank you LeafPeeper, for the answer. I read your post and also waited for a reply but nada, zilch, so you found out right from the source.... good job and I now have the answer....

If you've been following the firmware update thread, I mentioned that I think this explains why it was so hard for them to make hand or boat launching possible. If the Evo is moving, you can't really calibrate the IMU!

LP

On my Samsung S2O the IMU calibration option for my EVO II 6K is right there but, on my Samsung S7 there is no IMU calibration option and on both phones the AUTEL APPS. are on both phones.

Reactions: Tavery1963
On my Samsung S2O the IMU calibration option for my EVO II 6K is right there but, on my Samsung S7 there is no IMU calibration option and on both phones the AUTEL APPS. are on both phones.
I don't see the IMU calibration choice in the explorer app after the current update. I'm still flyi g the EVO 1

Update : I simply Uninstalled the AUTEL APP on my SAMSUNG S7 phone and reinstalled the AUTEL APP on the S7 and the IMU option now appears.

So, IMU calibration is there, but nothing happens when I open it. Glitch, or not necessary to pursue?

It says to fold the arms with the props off, and has what looks like a button that shows "Starting Calibration", but nothing happens after some time.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials