Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I was kind of disappointed but then.....

30plusretlaw

Reaction score
I ordered the Evo lite plus 3/4/22. It was in stock and I read they ship from an US warehouse. I thought it would be here by today. Got my shipping email Tuesday morning and the Evo was been shipped from China, Delivery date 3/15/22. I was kind of disappointed because I'm leaving on Vacation the 3/19/22 and I would not have time to tested. Well...I received an email today that is in the truck for delivery TODAY!!!! I'm very exited. Cant wait to tried this weekend.

Reactions: davery87
I ordered the Evo lite plus 3/4/22. It was in stock and I read they ship from an US warehouse. I thought it would be here by today. Got my shipping email Tuesday morning and the Evo was been shipped from China, Delivery date 3/15/22. I was kind of disappointed because I'm leaving on Vacation the 3/19/22 and I would not have time to tested. Well...I received an email today that is in the truck for delivery TODAY!!!! I'm very exited. Cant wait to tried this weekend.
May I ask what vendor you ordered it from?

Reason for asking is that as of last week, both Empire Drone and B&H Photo (among others) showed Lite + models in stock and both ship from US locations within days. I ordered mine from Empire Drone on a Sunday evening and it shipped the next day with delivery on Thursday at mid-day.

Good to hear the shipment from China (where Autelpilot is headquartered) arrived in a timely manner. Enjoy the Lite+ - I am really liking mine!

Reactions: 30plusretlaw
I unboxed the drone today and did a flight check and everything looks to be working fine. Didn’t have time to fly around but will do this Sunday. One of the props was damage but not enough to affect flyingC85465C4-2B84-4557-8C53-1A209DCE32E3.jpeg

Attachments

• E1D8912F-07CB-417A-B830-7D136A6DE8DE.jpeg
    E1D8912F-07CB-417A-B830-7D136A6DE8DE.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
Good to hear the shipment from China (where Autelpilot is headquartered) arrived in a timely manner. Enjoy the Lite+ - I am really liking mine!
headquarters? have you ever been to hong kong? i have. up and down nathan street electronics row, all over that great city. just look at their address, a-p is just another drone shop selling anything and everything electronics that they turn. they're not some "company" with a bunch of offices and employees and a returns department and finance department and hr, etc. i havent been to hk in years but next time i go i will make it a point to stop by there and get pictures of the store and show you the backdoor where they receive all their "merchandise" in the alley. i don't like what they are doing and i don't like the people online shilling for them in this forum. yes many people have bought from them and came out ok but a whole lot of people have been hurt and that's not all right. 50/50 is not ok. when autel had a bunch of early units they couldn't sell and should have ended up in the garage, they somehow made their way to a-p and to the american public instead of the trash bin and autel had to clean it up. a-p pretends they are the autel robotics of china and they do nothing to clear up the confusion. they sold a lot of defective drones and if you read their reviews, no mention of jello, no mention of drones that wont update software, no mention of drone that can't read sd cards, no mention of drone arriving with beta software, no mention of any issues, or not answering emails, those were scrubbed. yes they are "in business" but they are borderline dishonest and at a minimum, the people in this forum should know [my opinion].

Reactions: davery87
headquarters? have you ever been to hong kong? i have. up and down nathan street electronics row, all over that great city. just look at their address, a-p is just another drone shop selling anything and everything electronics that they turn. they're not some "company" with a bunch of offices and employees and a returns department and finance department and hr, etc. i havent been to hk in years but next time i go i will make it a point to stop by there and get pictures of the store and show you the backdoor where they receive all their "merchandise" in the alley. i don't like what they are doing and i don't like the people online shilling for them in this forum. yes many people have bought from them and came out ok but a whole lot of people have been hurt and that's not all right. 50/50 is not ok. when autel had a bunch of early units they couldn't sell and should have ended up in the garage, they somehow made their way to a-p and to the american public instead of the trash bin and autel had to clean it up. a-p pretends they are the autel robotics of china and they do nothing to clear up the confusion. they sold a lot of defective drones and if you read their reviews, no mention of jello, no mention of drones that wont update software, no mention of drone that can't read sd cards, no mention of drone arriving with beta software, no mention of any issues, or not answering emails, those were scrubbed. yes they are "in business" but they are borderline dishonest and at a minimum, the people in this forum should know [my opinion].
Yes, I thought I was buying directly from Autel but later found out that was not the case. Now I have a question. When I power up everything for the first flight, I received a message offering the Autel Care program for $149.00. Since I have been reading and found out people are having a few problems, I decided to buy the plan. Now my question is, Is the care plan run by Autel?

Last edited:
defective drones and if you read their reviews, no mention of jello, no mention of drones that wont update software, no mention of drone that can't read sd cards, no mention of drone arriving with beta software, no mention of any issues
With all due respect, these are all Autel issues….and if you been flying Autel before everyone jumped along “because they have no nfzs” then you would know this is part of dealing with Autel. These are the drones Autel sells. EVERY Autel drone has had a whole list of issues plaguing them from release that have needed at least a half dozen updates until they are finally what they should be from day one. Every Autel FW is beta. You, we and I are Autel’s beta tester. These are the same issues you would encounter whether you bought any Autel drone from Autel themselves, B&H, Adorama or anywhere else. I don’t care who anyone wishes to buy, or don’t buy from, but Autel is the lone entity responsible for releasing not ready for prime time drones to the market….sift through the Xstar, Evo, Evo 2, and now the latest renditions and you’ll find a common theme. Maybe Autel should be disclosing these issues on their website as well huh?

Yes, I thought I was buying directly from Autel but later found out that was not the case. Now I have a question. When I power up everything for the first flight, I received a message offering the Autel Care program for $149.00. Since I have been reading and found out people are few problems, I decided to buy the plan. Now my question is, Is the care plan run by Autel?
Yes, that Autel Care plan is run by Autel. You have 48 hours to buy it after you activate the drone.

Yes, I thought I was buying directly from Autel but later found out that was not the case. Now I have a question. When I power up everything for the first flight, I received a message offering the Autel Care program for $149.00. Since I have been reading and found out people are having a few problems, I decided to buy the plan. Now my question is, Is the care plan run by Autel?
when you purchase and active autel care (run by autel) you get a "Free Flying Service Agreement" by email, did you read it?

I ordered from Autelpilot.com and was delivered today at 4:30 pm
Hi , I think you will find that Autelpilots.com is based in China and is only a reseller useing the clever art of deception to get customers. There are lots of threads here about them and lots of warnings. Johnno Hennessy Australia.

Hi , I think you will find that Autelpilots.com is based in China and is only a reseller useing the clever art of deception to get customers. There are lots of threads here about them and lots of warnings. Johnno Hennessy Australia.
Yep, I found out after the purchase. The only positive was that the drone coming from them was $250 less than at the Autel REAL site. Now I know that the "we ship from 3 different warehouses" was a lie. The test flight went fine so I hope I have no problems. I will be flying the drone today and see if it performs the way it should.

when you purchase and active autel care (run by autel) you get a "Free Flying Service Agreement" by email, did you read it?
I just did and it looks like don't cover much. I bought the DJI warranty for my Mavic air and never had to use it. I hope is the same now. Is there anything else I should know about the service?

I just did and it looks like don't cover much. I bought the DJI warranty for my Mavic air and never had to use it. I hope is the same now. Is there anything else I should know about the service?
yeah i think it's pretty similar. crash the drone for pretty much any reason, get a replacement. turnaround times may vary, the costs, and maybe other minor difference but this is insurance from the manufacturer not from a 3rd party like allstate or state farm.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller