Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I want your opinions about Dynamic Track on the Evo 2

AstroNoot

Reaction score
Hello all! Considering Ken from Autel said "I think you all will be pleasantly surprised by the IQ of the Lite+, and all other new models.", I really can't wait to see how good Dynamic Track is on these new models!

However, I'm also wondering if Autel will ever update the Evo 2 with a less agressive tracking algorithm, or if it'll remain the same.

Do you think it's good, as is? Did you ever have any incidents with your Evo 2 in dynamic track? What would you change?

Hello all! Considering Ken from Autel said "I think you all will be pleasantly surprised by the IQ of the Lite+, and all other new models.", I really can't wait to see how good Dynamic Track is on these new models!

However, I'm also wondering if Autel will ever update the Evo 2 with a less agressive tracking algorithm, or if it'll remain the same.

Do you think it's good, as is? Did you ever have any incidents with your Evo 2 in dynamic track? What would you change?
It's not good at all. I stopped using it after it caused a crash following someone on a longboard on a straight and fairly open road. Take a look here: Vimeo
Untill and unless they make a significant improvement, I would be very careful and reluctant to use it.

I don’t use it often, but it’s far more aggressive and does a better job than my DJI Air 2.

It is not as good as my Skydio 2 mind you, but that drone is a one trick pony and sucks for everything else IMHO.

I don’t use it often, but it’s far more aggressive and does a better job than my DJI Air 2.

It is not as good as my Skydio 2 mind you, but that drone is a one trick pony and sucks for everything else IMHO.
the more we see these different iterations across the spectrum, the more we realize the s2 is a beast. i'm never going to expect anyone to meet or exceed s2 when it comes to tracking and obstacle avoidance until dji or autel buys skydio.

Reactions: aebiv
the more we see these different iterations across the spectrum, the more we realize the s2 is a beast. i'm never going to expect anyone to meet or exceed s2 when it comes to tracking and obstacle avoidance until dji or autel buys skydio.
I dont't think it's gonna be that way. Skydio is good because they spent money on engineers and research to get a good navigation algorithm for their tiny camera drone.

If Autel or DJI wants a "Drone on a Leash", like Skydio, they will have it.

Hardware in the Skydio isn't that special, and should be easy to obtain, considering it's sourced from nVidia (the Jetson Nano)

DJI already has better tracking algorithms for their Enterprise drones, like the Matrice 300 or their Agras series, that navigate using LIDAR.

Key word is "research" and any company that has the resources to, will overtake Skydio in the fully autonomous drone category.

I don't like the tracking in the E2. I've used it a few times to track my Jeep and it's all over the place. This video is sped up 2 or 3 times normal speed so it looks worse than it is but it's 100% autonomous flight until the 1:33 mark.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials