Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I left my gimbal cover on when starting up and now the camera picture is blurry, please help

AMI Aerials

Reaction score
I left my gimbal cover on when starting up and now the camera picture is blurry, please help, did I mess the camera up?

I left my gimbal cover on when starting up and now the camera picture is blurry, please help, did I mess the camera up?

I have never heard of that, I have left mine on once and immediately turned off the drone....there was no damage done to my EVO. Check to verify that the AF is still set to auto and didn't somehow switch to MF, or try changing to MF then back to AF, that's the main thing that causes a blurry picture. You can also try a gimbal calibration but I don't see how the gimbal could cause a blurry camera.

I had been flying it before this happened everything worked fine and looked great. Then I went to go put it away and my Dad came outside to check it out. In a haste I got it back out and turned it on while the cover was still on (stupid I know). I took the cover off while it was still on, and it was in a limp position so I turned it off and then back on. I then had to reset the calibration from the controller, the camera went back into position and can turn and zoom fine, but the picture is blurry seemingly out of nowhere. I tried switching to from AF to MF and then back again but the problem is still there. I just got the drone last week so this seems really weird. I emailed Autel and am awaiting their response. is there a way to reset the whole drone and see if this problem still persists?

I had been flying it before this happened everything worked fine and looked great. Then I went to go put it away and my Dad came outside to check it out. In a haste I got it back out and turned it on while the cover was still on (stupid I know). I took the cover off while it was still on, and it was in a limp position so I turned it off and then back on. I then had to reset the calibration from the controller, the camera went back into position and can turn and zoom fine, but the picture is blurry seemingly out of nowhere. I tried switching to from AF to MF and then back again but the problem is still there. I just got the drone last week so this seems really weird. I emailed Autel and am awaiting their response. is there a way to reset the whole drone and see if this problem still persists?
Send it back as warranty

The only thing that can explain a blurry image is if the focal length adjustment motor.servo was stuck or failed.. No really sure there is any way for this to be caused by the gimbal protector as it is deep withing the camera housing...

This is assuming there is absolutely nothing visually wrong with the outer filter or the lenses that you can see.

If you are able to adjust the focus manually then the morot works fine... if you cant then the focal length motor is bad/stuck. I have heard of this happeining a number of times with DJI Air2S as well..

Greetings colleagues, I have a problem with an evo 1 that I exchanged for a mavic air and the gimbal did not bring the flexible roll plane, does anyone know or have knowledge of where I can get it?

Attachments

• 20230425_093521.jpg
    20230425_093521.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 20230425_093604.jpg
    20230425_093604.jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 4
I have never heard of that, I have left mine on once and immediately turned off the drone....there was no damage done to my EVO. Check to verify that the AF is still set to auto and didn't somehow switch to MF, or try changing to MF then back to AF, that's the main thing that causes a blurry picture. You can also try a gimbal calibration but I don't see how the gimbal could cause a blurry camera.
Send it back as warranty
Hi AMI Aerials, Did you ever find the cause, and solution, of your sharpness issues. I'm a new owner of an Autel EVO II Pro V3 myself and not happy with image sharpness. Thanks

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials