Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I just updated my firmware to 2.0.12...do i delete the bin file afterwards?

If you are all done you can delete it off the card.

I contacted Autel and they replied to leave it on...I ended up reformatting the card before taking the first flight.

Fairly windy today 16mph with gusts to 37mph @ 100 ft.

Seemed a little more stable on decent.

Everything updated OK and it flew...so far so good.

Thanks for the quick response!

During one of the updates, can't remember which one, I had some quirk, can't remember what. I contacted Autel and they said you should always leave the latest update on the SD card so it can be reloaded if needed. So I do...... What's it hurting being there?

During one of the updates, can't remember which one, I had some quirk, can't remember what. I contacted Autel and they said you should always leave the latest update on the SD card so it can be reloaded if needed. So I do...... What's it hurting being there?
Not hurting anything, why not just copy to your hard drive or redownload it LOL
I like to format my SD cards from time to time so it would not be there sooner or later. :)

Definitely, leave it on the SD card. (It takes very little space, and in the unlikely event that you would ever need to reinstall the firmware, it will be there and ready to go. All you'll have to do it to change the suffix from .old to .bin Really simple. However, if you delete it, you'll have to go through the copy process (from your computer to the SD card) again. It's much easier to replace .old with .bin. :)

Reactions: mutuels

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy