Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I give up...

Goober

Reaction score
Sure I am an old fart that likes to play with exciting new toys, but after seeing this video, I have to throw in the towel. This is some incredible flying skills and excellent editing which is well beyond what I will ever achieve. So I just sit back and enjoy my time left - living in the future.

The Sky Is Not The Limit

Not wanting to kick up another "drone vs. animals" debate, I hesitated posting. After reading some of the YouTube comments it seems the pilot is actually working with animal conservation groups to deter poaching by redirecting the rhinos away from known poachers. Not sure about the lions.

Reactions: KentA
He must've used a special designed drone for that footage. Also, I bet he has crashed a million times and just edited those parts out. IMO I find it really irresponsible, the way he flies, even if it looks cool.

Those FPV guys don't buy drones off the shelf. They build their own, often around a GoPro Hero, and the results they get for around $1k (plus time) are stunning. I assume their drone piloting skills come from racing experience - and these drones handle like racers too.

A guilty pleasure to watch but a bad example to all with the regulators closing in.

My EVO hasn't been above 5mph in six weeks. Still plenty of fun - and better quality video.

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
Oh for sure but we are not the drone police.
That is true. However, I would prefer a little self-policing through chiding and educating over policing through a heavy handed government agency. To that end I'll just say that the drone maneuvers in that video, although exciting and dramatic, are well beyond what we should condone or applaud.

Reactions: Ansia
Sure I am an old fart that likes to play with exciting new toys, but after seeing this video, I have to throw in the towel. This is some incredible flying skills and excellent editing which is well beyond what I will ever achieve. So I just sit back and enjoy my time left - living in the future.

The Sky Is Not The Limit

Not wanting to kick up another "drone vs. animals" debate, I hesitated posting. After reading some of the YouTube comments it seems the pilot is actually working with animal conservation groups to deter poaching by redirecting the rhinos away from known poachers. Not sure about the lions.

I've seen parts of that video on one of JET's (Jared Tempkin) of the DRL before. I know he did the rock flying portion.

OK, sorry I’m not that impressed. Some really great footage here and there, but it’s dizzying after a while, the pace gets tiring. Flying that close to galloping rhinos is truly awful, you can see the rhino follow the drone when it switches sides. No, that didn’t spook him at all.......#*^%

Flying that low and fast on the Venice Grand Canal? Are you F-ing kidding me? That’s a UN World Heritage site. If anyone of you have been there, you get why it’s insane to fly there. Ditto various 15th century Italian churches and courtyards.

This doesn’t help the drone cause, it makes folks want to ban them. If you want to fly like that, do so in places where no animals or people (unless they agreed) are adversely affected.

OK, I’ll go back to complaining about the weather, LOL

Everyone sees things differently I know. And I respect that to the fullest. As long as no one gets hurt or a person's safety is jeopardized, I don't see a problem with any of the video. Ok, may it was a little close with the person on the PWC.
At least at the end, we know who the boss is! Lol

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller