Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I bought EVO Pro V2 and Smart Controller V2, my joy was spoiled by confused firmware information :-(

d3d3c3k

Reaction score
I bought EVO Pro V2 and Smart Controller V2, my joy was spoiled by confused firmware information :-(
When I first started, SC offered me a firmware update 2.1.6.7, which I performed via wifi Because I have six batteries and the wifi update takes a long time, I wanted to download this firmware and update the batteries using an SD card, but it is not on the Autel support page :-( I asked a question on FB in the group OFFICIAL Autel Robotics Owners, where an Autel employee wrote me that I had made a mistake and did not fly with the drone, the firmware is said to be only for the Enterprise drone. I don't understand, during the update I read that it is designed for both versions of the SC drone. I'm confused, I have $ 3,000 on my desk and a beautiful Autel set as a home accessory :-( Can you please advise me?

Attachments

• AAA.jpg
    AAA.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 19
I would try the latest FW, and if you have any issues, give the beta FW a try.

If using the Beta, make sure you use the one specified for the smart contorller.

When I first started, SC offered me a firmware update 2.1.6.7, which I performed via wifi Because I have six batteries and the wifi update takes a long time, I wanted to download this firmware and update the batteries using an SD card, but it is not on the Autel support page :-( I asked a question on FB in the group OFFICIAL Autel Robotics Owners, where an Autel employee wrote me that I had made a mistake and did not fly with the drone, the firmware is said to be only for the Enterprise drone. I don't understand, during the update I read that it is designed for both versions of the SC drone. I'm confused, I have $ 3,000 on my desk and a beautiful Autel set as a home accessory :-( Can you please advise me?

Check this link for info

Same thing happened to me but sorted it out

I would try the latest FW, and if you have any issues, give the beta FW a try.

If using the Beta, make sure you use the one specified for the smart contorller.

For more than $ 3,000, I'm going to be a beta tester ? Latest fw 2.1.6.7 is nowhere to download :-(

Check this link for info

Same thing happened to me but sorted it out
Autel provided you somewhere to download fw 2.1.6.7 to SD card ? I have six batteries that I need to update ! At FB, an employee of Autel first wrote me that the firmware is bad and I don't have to fly, then that the firmware is OK, I don't understand! I would mainly need to download the firmware, SC no longer offers me an update.

For more than $ 3,000, I'm going to be a beta tester ? Latest fw 2.1.6.7 is nowhere to download :-(

You must be new to the drone scene. All of the manufacturers use the user base as beta testers. You must have read my comment too fast. My sugestion was to load the current (non-beta) FW, which is V2.1.31 available for download at that link.

Some guys have had issues with live feed disconnect with that version and loading the beta version (EVO II V2: V2.1.61 (Smart Controller) fixed it for them. Whether you have the same problem would probably dictate whether or not you wanted to try .61

V. 2.1.67 is for the Evo2 ENTERPRISE version of the drone. That is not the version you say you have. Currently, Autel has somewhat of a mess with all their similar but different FW. They need to fix that. But, it sounds like you might want to slow down a bit. The latest version for the Evo2, V2 with Smart Controller, is at the link I posted.

Good luck.

Reactions: drrags
I didn't want to try anything, I bought a drone and an SC for flying! This came to me, there is written Evo2 Enterprise and EVO 2 V2 with Smart Contoller V2, so what's wrong?

Attachments

• AAA.jpg
    AAA.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 5
I didn't want to try anything, I bought a drone and an SC for flying!
When I first started, SC offered me a firmware update 2.1.6.7, which I performed via wifi

So, you bought the Evo and you wanted to fly it. But, it offered you a FW update and you installed it? And now it won't fly? Won't connect to the craft, or something else?
I guess you have me a bit confused at this point.

So, you bought the Evo and you wanted to fly it. But, it offered you a FW update and you installed it? And now it won't fly? Won't connect to the craft, or something else?
I guess you have me a bit confused at this point.
An Autel employee wrote me that the fw 2.1.6.7 that SC offered me and that I installed is only for Enterprise, that I shouldn't fly with it! Only the EVO II V2 beta is available for download: V2.1.61 (Smart Controller) For my $ 3,000 I don't want to be an Autel beta tester! Do you already understand that?

An Autel employee wrote me that the fw 2.1.6.7 that SC offered me and that I installed is only for Enterprise, that I shouldn't fly with it! Only the EVO II V2 beta is available for download: V2.1.61 (Smart Controller) For my $ 3,000 I don't want to be an Autel beta tester! Do you already understand that?

Then why don't you install the last non-beta version (V2.1.31) on the Autel download page? Do you understand that?

It appears you installed the wrong verion. But now, you don't want to install the correct version and just want to complain that everything is not perfect. If that is the case, I suggest you quickly return the drone to the dealer and get your $$ back. This hobby is not for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shain Rufus
Tak proč nenainstalujete poslední ne-beta verzi (V2.1.31) na stránce pro stažení Autelu? Rozumíte tomu?

Zdá se, že jste nainstalovali nesprávný verion. Ale teď nechcete instalovat správnou verzi a jen si chcete stěžovat, že všechno není dokonalé. Pokud tomu tak je, navrhuji, abyste rychle vrátili drone prodejci a získali zpět $$ zpět. Tento koníček není pro vás.

Please see somewhere that the EVO II V2: V2.1.31 firmware is for Smart Controller ??? How do you know I installed the wrong firmware version? At Autel, they don't know for themselves, do you have more knowledge than they do? How did you find out that I was complaining and that I didn't want to install anything ? Your arrogant and stupid reaction is really not normal and will not help me in anything !!! Don't waste time with me, I asked for expert advice, but you certainly aren't :)

Please see somewhere that the EVO II V2: V2.1.31 firmware is for Smart Controller ??? How do you know I installed the wrong firmware version? At Autel, they don't know for themselves, do you have more knowledge than they do? How did you find out that I was complaining and that I didn't want to install anything ? Your arrogant and stupid reaction is really not normal and will not help me in anything !!! Don't waste time with me, I asked for expert advice, but you certainly aren't :)
I would just suggest you go back and read your first post. You seem to not want to listen to anyone, yet at the same time here you are. You are going in circles. I will do as you request and move on. Good luck.

Jen bych vám navrhl, abyste se vrátili a přečetli si svůj první příspěvek. Zdá se, že nechcete nikoho poslouchat, ale zároveň jste tady. Jdete v kruzích. Udělám, co požadujete, a půjdu dál. Hodně zdaru.
Vážený pilote Autelu, s potěšením vám oznamuji, že váš nepodložený odhad, že jsem nainstaloval špatný firmware, může být vyvrácen, Autel jej již opravil a vše je v pořádku. Budu rád, když v budoucnu napíšete relevantní rady a uvolníte nesmyslné urážky! S pozdravem

Attachments

• CCC.jpg
    CCC.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 8
I would just suggest you go back and read your first post. You seem to not want to listen to anyone, yet at the same time here you are. You are going in circles. I will do as you request and move on. Good luck.
As an American living overseas in Europe, I can tell there is much lost in translation here from Czech to English and back either in his mind or a translate app. I have often tried to help tech-challenged Italians only to be told I don't know what I am doing and this is after they asked for my help. I wouldn't take much offense. He thinks he is funny too - I get the same smart@ss quip from the locals when they can't seem to get simple stuff like routers and wifi to work correctly. I re-did my entire network in the house I am in and the landlord said I broke it because he can't access it any more when he comes around, same for the camera systems. (that was the plan Ace)! 😂 Also told me I am going to have to pay to get it all reprogrammed. It was the factory password on the bottom of the router when I moved in!!. 🤣🤣

Reactions: Shain Rufus
As an American living overseas in Europe, I can tell there is much lost in translation here from Czech to English and back either in his mind or a translate app. I have often tried to help tech-challenged Italians only to be told I don't know what I am doing and this is after they asked for my help. I wouldn't take much offense. He thinks he is funny too.
No problem. There are too many serious situations these days to worry about a forum thread. I suspected there was some nuance lost in translation.

Have a good one !

Reactions: SixDemonBag
Years ago, when RC systems such as Futaba and JR and others were introduced, the equipment and software was flight tested by sponsored pliots sometimes for over a year before being released to users, so the system was safe to fly and flight tested.

Now it totally different. Starting with DJI and now other drone companies, users now buy new un-tested equipment on their dime, then flight test and refine it all for free for the manufacturers. Sometimes costing the users a machine or two . . . .

Fly Safe - Mike

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials