Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

Hypothetical Question on NFZ's

Ansia

Reaction score
It's the GEO 2.0 200' and 400' height limitations of the extended landing/takeoff paths that affect me because I am flying from more than 200' to 400' below them. I could take off within them, but I can't even enter them, when flying from my favorite nearby unrestricted 5 mile LOS launch point. When DJI assumes the earth is flat, pilots get screwed!

G_G

Reaction score
Even more moronically, DJI assumes that there are no elevation changes on the flat earth, which even the flat earthers would dispute! The entire world is not level. However DJI sets all altitude restrictions based on your launch point elevation, and not based upon AGL, which is what the FAA uses. DJI, If you aren't going to follow the FAA, and can't measure AGL, then at least allow some room for elevation changes, instead of assuming we all only fly over flat ground or the ocean! :rolleyes:

Ansia

Reaction score
Even more moronically, DJI assumes that there are no elevation changes on the flat earth, which even the flat earthers would dispute! The entire world is not level. However DJI sets all altitude restrictions based on your launch point elevation, and not based upon AGL, which is what the FAA uses. DJI, If you aren't going to follow the FAA, and can't measure AGL, then at least allow some room for elevation changes, instead of assuming we all only fly over flat ground or the ocean! :rolleyes:
I was kinda hoping to get a laugh out of you. Seems I failed miserably. 😥

UnRanged

Reaction score
If the earth isn't flat, I'll eat this "Everything "Bagel with Cream Cheese I just got from the local coffee shop... Sorry. No pic.

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia

G_G

Reaction score
If the earth isn't flat, I'll eat this "Everything "Bagel with Cream Cheese I just got from the local coffee shop... Sorry. No pic.
Enjoy your breakfast! :D

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadMouse